I've got way more gear than I'm comfortable with owning and I'd like to cut down. On top of that, I'm kind of unhappy with two of my amps. I've got a Blackheart Little Giant that I'm using an MI Audio Crunch Box with, and it sounds amazing, but expectedly gets thin at band level volumes. I've got a JCM800 2204 that is modded and beat to hell, and for some reason it always sounds thin no matter what I do, and it gets a ridiculous amount of feedback. I retubed and biased it and it still had the same problems. I've also got a Dual Rectifier that I'm just disliking more and more, as it seems to be alot of "heavy" but with no real crunch or break up. And I'm definitely leaning more towards British voicing as my ear for tone develops. I'm playing through these with a Epi LP with Seymour Duncans, and an Epi Elitist SG if it matters. My cab is a 1960A, and I'm not sure how I feel about the G12T-75s. My 1x12 also has one and it seems to go well with the Blackheart, but they may also be the reason why the Dual Rec seems lacking. Loose amp plus loose speakers... not the best combination.

Anyway, what I'm considering doing is selling the Dual Rectifier and getting by with the 800 for now, and using the money from that to get a 2205 or a stock 2204, which hopefully won't have the issues that the modded one does and I should have some cash left over to get some vintage 30s to throw into my cab. Then I can sell the modded 800 and have one less amp and a lot more in my bank account.

Does this sound like a good idea or am I being rash? I feel like I'm just fickle and want to get rid of good gear. What would you do?
I think that if you don't like the Dual Rec, you should try out a couple Orange amps (such as the Rocker 30) or maybe an ENGL Fireball. Also look into a Vox AC30, but I don't think you should sell the Dual Rec just yet. You might regret it later.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
If I was in your situation, I'd go to the music store and check out a few things, a new amp, possibly a new guitar even or some pedals, because you've got alot of money at your disposal really. and sell the stuff you don't like to get new stuff that you do, it's the only thing that makes sense really.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
British voiceing?

Maybe you should sell off the JCM and the dual rec... and get a Splawn Quickrod... That is the primeval brit voicing and has lots and lots of balls.
I want to say it may be your guitar, but than again it probably isnt becuase you have eps without the bad electronics.
Quote by Highwaytohell
British voiceing?

Maybe you should sell off the JCM and the dual rec... and get a Splawn Quickrod... That is the primeval brit voicing and has lots and lots of balls.
I want to say it may be your guitar, but than again it probably isnt becuase you have eps without the bad electronics.

good advice on the quick rod. also the pro mod would be nice too.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
There is also the option of an EVH 5150 III... Great cleans and tons of grunt, but it's natural sounding. They have a very, live vibe about them.

There are also the Mako amps, you'd probably want the Mak2 but ask for them to use the makoplex preamp, (if you want 2 channels that is, the makoplex standalone only has one)

I'd say go with either a Splawn or 5150 III or the Makoplex

Those are your best options as far as britishvoiced thick crunchy amps go