is it harder to slap on a 5 string than a four string?
WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS
YOU GET A NEW GOD!!!!
no

do you not have a 5 string?

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

well, at first, you will hit other strings that you do not want to hit at first in my experience but after some practice, you will get used to it.
Well, if you have it, then why don't you slap on it, and then slap on your four string. After that, you can assimilate a list of pros and cons on slapping a four vs. a five string bass. Maybe write a thesis on it, and submit it for the lessons section. Then this entire thread can be avoided with the use of a basic time machine. I suggest you call this guy.
Attachments:
1189234500910.jpg
Nice signature scootlaundry! I just got a schecter elite 5 and it is the most orgasmic thing ever. I find it harder to slap on a 5 string than a fender jazz.
Referring to Victor Wooten
Quote by Nutter_101
"Wa wa wa English is my first language, music is my second blah blah blah wank wank wank I rule, love me suck my dick."

That's all I heard in that entire interview.

My Band:
http://www.myspace.com/closedfortonight
My friend has a 5 string and I find it harder to play normally on it (I am so used to a 4 string, I know... it should not be a problem!) but I found it great to play slap on. That is just my own experience ><
haha thx schecters make exelent basses. lol with ur elite-5 do u have to play softer than usual because of a claning noise?
YOU GET A NEW GOD!!!!
Quote by scootlaundry
haha thx schecters make exelent basses. lol with ur elite-5 do u have to play softer than usual because of a claning noise?
Hmm it seems i do i was hoping that was just my bass but it gets really clangy on the first 5 frets hopefully i can get it fixed cause anywhere past the 7th fret it sounds beyond amazing... The action and feel of the bass is ridiculous i can goo soo fast on it which is great for my style of music. I tried it side by side against a studio 5 and i found the elite to be much better sounding and feeling.
Quote by Nutter_101
"Wa wa wa English is my first language, music is my second blah blah blah wank wank wank I rule, love me suck my dick."

My Band:
Quote by AmpleSteak
Hmm it seems i do i was hoping that was just my bass but it gets really clangy on the first 5 frets

Usually fairly new strings will cause any bass to sound "clangy" if you're even remotely sloppy. Going past the 5th fret limits the vibration of the strings when you pluck them. It's not a matter of getting a different bass, it's a matter of playing in a more controlled manner.
Quote by corndogggy
Usually fairly new strings will cause any bass to sound "clangy" if you're even remotely sloppy. Going past the 5th fret limits the vibration of the strings when you pluck them. It's not a matter of getting a different bass, it's a matter of playing in a more controlled manner.
Sorry for jacking the thread but on my mexican fender jazz im used to playing with all my force to cut through the mix and it doesn't get clangy so its like starting to play all over again
Quote by Nutter_101

My Band:
well these arnt new strings thats why im confused. like if i play 8TH notes the string will like slam against the fretboard making a clang.
YOU GET A NEW GOD!!!!
Its a little harder at first, because the strings are closer together, but if you can slap on a 5 string you can do it.
It's awkward at first, but I got used to it.
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
Nah, not harder, but usually the space between the strings is smaller so you'll simply have to get used to that and it should all be fine.
sorry to sound like a noob bt iv played guitar for around 5 years and managed to pick up a cheap bass, iv been havin a lot of fun on it and was just wondering if any of you guyscan suggest some funky tunes to introduce me to slapping and popping

Much appreciated!
R.I.P Dimebag Darrell

F**k It dude....Let's go Bowling
I learned how to slap on a 5, it will only help you be more accurate.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
I learned how to slap on a 5, it will only help you be more accurate.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
I'm in a similar situation. I'm trying to slap on my 6-string and I can't stop fucking it up. The strings are really close together. However, I'm just barely starting to get the hang of it, and like slaptasticdave said, it's making it easier to slap on a 4-string.
Quote by Yerjam
Could be, but the most important thing to remember is that it wasn't your fault, even if it was.
ya'll are right. after about an hour or 2 of straight slapping i finnally got it down. i just need to work on accuracy. i tried for about 5 min b4 makin this thread lol
YOU GET A NEW GOD!!!!