Poll: What should i do?
Poll Options
View poll results: What should i do?
BUY THAT DAMN THUNDERBIRD
9 21%
**** the thunderbird
34 79%
Voters: 43.
im being offered a thunderbird IV goth edition for 200 dollars. should i get it?
WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS
YOU GET A NEW GOD!!!!
Quote by scootlaundry
epi

If it's in great condition then it would be a good buy.
im just worried because ppl say u cant pop or slap on it. and i mainly play rock and funk. so idk
YOU GET A NEW GOD!!!!
I thought they were okay, I played one, it sounded good to me. I'm not a bassist, per say, so my opinion probably doesn't hold much in that sense.

I found a vintage Olympic white (or whatever it is for basses, it's a little creamier on the body than flat white, and it has a white pickguard) Fender P Bass at an antique store in the mountains, great condition, for like $225 that I'm going to buy either New Years or next 4th of July (whenever I get the money).
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
You could get a much better bass with a better tone that's easier to slap and pop on for $200. Save up a little more and you could get a bass that would make you never want to touch a T-Bird again.

Quote by Chris_Parker
I found a vintage Olympic white (or whatever it is for basses, it's a little creamier on the body than flat white, and it has a white pickguard) Fender P Bass at an antique store in the mountains, great condition, for like $225 that I'm going to buy either New Years or next 4th of July (whenever I get the money).

I'm guessing it's going to be gone by then, because that's an astounding deal.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
wut bass would u suggest for slapping?

in that price range
YOU GET A NEW GOD!!!!
You can slap on any bass you have in your hands provided it has strings. A t-bird will be fine for slapping. Hell, the vast majority of the tone your getting is going to come from your amp anyways. Trust me, pal, that's not going to sound a lot different than any other bass out there in the price range.
idk if i should spend the money to get it but i am getting a great deal for it. its in great condition. i love my custom-5 more than anything lol. but u have to play it rather softly other wise the string will clang against the fretboard. and id want a guitar that doesnt do that. i was thinking either an epi thunderbird or a fender jazz but idk
YOU GET A NEW GOD!!!!
I've seen slapping on a T-Bird, but I imagine it took a mighty good setup to do that. Yes, the major part of your tone comes from your amp, but a good part is from your bass. Like I said, you could get so much more for your money. The four string version of the bass in my sig is around your price and is a much better bass for your money than a T-Bird. Heck, I played an Affinity Squire Jazz that was a good bass for $200 and will likely be better than that T-Bird. Not saying all Affinities are better than T-Birds, but that particular one happened to be.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
I had the chance to get a T-bird for $150. Instead I bought a BC Rich for $120.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
im a big believer in if a bass speaks to you, get it. If not stay away from it.
'85 Fender Reissue '75 Jazz Bass ---> Ashdown MAG300h
Schecter C/SH-1 ---> Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

unless u wanna end any possibility for a liking in music
Try adding more delay.
Quote by scootlaundry
i love my custom-5 more than anything lol. but u have to play it rather softly other wise the string will clang against the fretboard.

Sounds like the action needs some adjustment.
I say no. for that price, Ibanez GSR200. better for the slappin and poppin.

I've seen t-birds resale at 130, and it still took a month to sell.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
First off, 150 USD is the average I have seen Tbirds (Epi) for sale. 200 USD is on the high end. For 200 USD, it better be in really good condition.

There are better options for slap and pop. For a bit more, you can get a very nice VM Jazz or an Ibanez.

As an aside, I did a quick scan through the national Craigs list and found someone wanting to unload a Behringer Ultrabass and a Tbird for around 300 USD. I lolled.
300? I'll give them 25 and a complimentary smile for that junk.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by anarkee
First off, 150 USD is the average I have seen Tbirds (Epi) for sale. 200 USD is on the high end. For 200 USD, it better be in really good condition.

There are better options for slap and pop. For a bit more, you can get a very nice VM Jazz or an Ibanez.

As an aside, I did a quick scan through the national Craigs list and found someone wanting to unload a Behringer Ultrabass and a Tbird for around 300 USD. I lolled.

bought my tbird for 300 (gift) dinged the crap out of it then sold it for $215. ty ebay
Try adding more delay.
Quote by pwrmax
Sounds like the action needs some adjustment.

what the hell CAN i adjust? i put the action as high as it will go and thats like 1/8 of an inch above the fretboard at the 24th fret. idk wut else to do!!!!!
YOU GET A NEW GOD!!!!
Haven't played one, but I heard they're like the worst name brand bass ever. Get a Squier instead since A) they're cheaper (I think), and B) apparently better.
nahh dood schecter ****in rip up the music world. my bass has the best sound i have ever heard outta a bass. and squire...ive heard bad things bout squire
YOU GET A NEW GOD!!!!
Squier VM is good. Squier CV is good.
stay away from affinity series though.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by scootlaundry
what the hell CAN i adjust? i put the action as high as it will go and thats like 1/8 of an inch above the fretboard at the 24th fret. idk wut else to do!!!!!

I got alot of rattling after my Strings were well clearof the fretboard

My Trussrod was too loose... the neck was bending back

I tightened that bad boy up... got a little more bottom end on my tone... but no more rattling
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"