Well i have a Fender Supersonic Combo, im impressed with it, as its my first tube amp. But im starting to be annoyed by it.

The clean channel is fine, im happy with it.

The distortion channel though, is actually good at low volumes, but when i jam with my friends and let the amp actually wide open it is so "sharp" and is very buzzy, i cant really explain it. But it doesnt sound very good. And it annoys me because, i HATE having bad tone, its almost like i cant play. Another problem is its a little overpowered.

My parents would be very upset if i told them this, as i got that amp as a christmas present.

But i was thinking i could trade the amp in for another amp.

I dont know what amp though. Basically im looking for an amp that has just a straight, basic clean channel, but mainly can get Satriani/ Petrucci style tones.

Very smooth and creamy, lead tones, something that would sound better when turned up, like a tube amp should.

EDIT:

another thing, i dont think the Supersonic has enough gain for me either

Im thinking that i could find a place with a Peavey JSX, and some sort of Mesa, mabye an F series or a Mark IV (I wish )

I think that type of Mesa would be ideal, since they are avaible in low watt 1x12 combos, which would be perfect for me.

Does anyone have any suggestions for my amp, or how much those amps are?
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
try turning the treble and the gain down a bit

otherwise, a JSX combo sounds good (good cleans, nice crunch) or a XXX or an Ultra (simaliar and equally awesome amps)

You may be able to get an F-30 for like 700, i've seen em go for at least 650
you can get a XXX 40w combo for around that much as well
Quote by Highwaytohell
try turning the treble and the gain down a bit

otherwise, a JSX combo sounds good (good cleans, nice crunch) or a XXX or an Ultra (simaliar and equally awesome amps)

You may be able to get an F-30 for like 700, i've seen em go for at least 650
you can get a XXX 40w combo for around that much as well

I have the treble on 5, and i often roll back the tone on my guitars. The gain isnt that high. when its rolled down, it doesnt have enough.

EDIT: Im looking at used Mesa Mark IVs, does anyone know where there is a Mesa dealer in MA?
Mesa Boogie DC5
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Last edited by Teh GIR at Aug 9, 2008,
bump
Mesa Boogie DC5
Weber Mass