Page 1 of 2
we had our first gig last night in our school.. We played some trivium covers but the problem was the sound system used... now i'm feeling so disappointed.. like we practiced a whole month for that and i noticed that we made mistakes just because we cant hear each other pretty well and the equipments were not organized. My guitar got so many scratches from the sharing of equipement.. I mean it would be okay if you deliverd a good performance... and our classmates and friends have high expectations on us.. pit please enlighten my mind/ make me feel better for what happened..
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by Kelvster xp
we had our first gig last night in our school.. We played some trivium covers but the problem was the sound system used... now i'm feeling so disappointed.. like we practiced a whole month for that and i noticed that we made mistakes just because we cant hear each other pretty well and the equipments were not organized. My guitar got so many scratches from the sharing of equipement.. I mean it would be okay if you deliverd a good performance... and our classmates and friends have high expectations on us.. pit please enlighten my mind/ make me feel better for what happened..

everyone's first gig sucks
Don't you try and ask me your expiration date
Plans that forgot me 99 times
you'll be the one who opens the gate.

- Cedric Bixler Zavala

Founder of the UG RHPS fanclub....

to join simply amend sig..
At least you played trivium, most would have opted for something easier and less badass.
When i play a song bad at a gig the only thing that helps me after that is that I sit down and play the song for hours til I play it better than the original.
"My name is Forrest, Forrest Gump. People call me Forrest Gump"

yeah. you have a point.. thanks.. but are you suppose to feel depressed because of what happened?
you should not jump between tenses throughout your post
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Quote by giiii
When i play a song bad at a gig the only thing that helps me after that is that I sit down and play the song for hours til I play it better than the original.

better than the original? hilarious.

"The only people that get any good at the guitar are the ones that think they're not good enough yet."

- some dude i know

-look
-at all
-this stuff
-my parents
-got me
-because i
-think it'll
-make me
-better
Well no matter how bad it was, its over now, so gutting yourself over it won't take it back. Every musician I've ever met had a terrible first gig.

Things can only get better from here for you.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
If only stuff like that was all I had to worry about.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
So what if you noticed little mistakes. I played a Tool cover (Schism) with a couple friends for my schools talent show and for the entire intro, the volume pedal on the guitar was all the way down, so it was just me playing the same damn riff over and over on bass. We figured it out after, then played the rest, and it kicked ass.
It seems terrible now, but it happens and you move on. keep playing and you'll get better, eventually leading you to look back on your first gig and laughing about it in between playing sweet gigs. Don't get hung up on it, but prepare and keep working.

My high school band sucked when we were sophomores, but come junior year we had become a highly respected and sought after local band.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by Just Andrew

What the hell was that?

Oh, and cheer up TS. You learn from your mistakes, and next time you'll be far better.
Quote by imthehitcher
you truly are a prince of men

Quote by isuckhardcore
I get naked FOR my dog.
every ones first gig sucks
mine was terriable
you put it under your belt and hope the next one is better
...you're taking one down, you sing a sad song just to turn it around...
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Quote by MightyAl
It could have been worse. Your drummer could have exploded on stage.

lol spinal tap references never get old.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Well no matter how bad it was, its over now, so gutting yourself over it won't take it back. Every musician I've ever met had a terrible first gig.

Things can only get better from here for you.

Actually, my first gig went fairly well. Well, what I remember of it ( Few years back ).
Member of Australia FTW Club !

BASS RIG BUDGET $245 / $4900

Quote by UG
thank you zackR .
My first gig, we had to headline the show. The only thing, it was a school night, and no one stayed. We had maybe 4 people there. But now we're doing good. Don't dwell on your first performance, you'll get better next time. When you play at an actual venue, the sound system will be better and you'll do a much better job.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Yeah my day was pretty bad. I ate cocoa butter and it tasted like neither cocoa nor butter. Needless to say, I'm very upset
Quote by Kelvster xp
we had our first gig last night in our school.. We played some trivium covers but the problem was the sound system used

....You sure it was the sound system?
life is beautifuuuuooooaaaaaal
Quote by TenaciousLSD

Not mine But my second one sounds the exact same as the TS
dude your first show always willl suck. You got the butterflies out and your still gunna have some littler ****ers that like held onto your kidneys and ****, but it only getse easier.

Our first show, we had me and another giutarist and my sisters boyfriend played drums

psst.. he never heard our songs

now were playing at awesome clubs (with a drummer.. and a bass!) and it always gets better

oh and for hearing your mistakes. your like me your a personal critic
if i **** up during a show i get pissed after, but nobody notices but you so dont sweat it

lifes good man
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010

Here you go does that make you feel better?
Quote by Survivalism
The Dual Rectifier is my sexy finishing move.

Quote by Survivalism
Nobody knows the words to Evenflow, they all just go "bramamamamamamamamaamamamabooowwllofcornflakes"
Dude its your first show.. Everyone messes up.. I still feel like killing myself when i watch videos of my first performance like 3 years back..
Page 1 of 2