Ok. So i know ive been putting up alot of threads lately about pedals and stuff! And i know you are probably saying im stupid for asking before i have all the money for stuff but i like to plan things out.

So since i bought my new amp, i am investing in a pedal board. Im trying to figure out all im getting. So far i have:

Metal Muff
Crybaby Wah
iSP Decimator Noise Reduction
and maybe a 6 or 10 band EQ

So i have some questions. What does a phaser actually do? Would a delay be a good investment? Any other pedal ideas?
Obsession! Obsessive! Obsessed! Abscess!
Last edited by Dimefan69 at Aug 9, 2008,
depends what music you play?
and what amp your playing through
Gear:

Mesa/boogie dual rectifier
Fender Telecaster USA
Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Sheraton
Jackson KE3 Kelly Pro
Boss Super Chorus
Boss Super Overdrive
MXR Carbon Copy
Morley Pro Series Wah/Volume/Distortion
t.bone wireless system.
delay >>>>>>> phaser
in versatility and usefulness
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by tilinmyowngrave
depends what music you play?
and what amp your playing through

Metal! Not Metalcore, Not Black, Just Metal!

For Stuff i have right now check the sig!
I've always like the Line 6 DL-4 a lot more than the Boss DD series. More control at your feet and more tonal features IMO.

Get a nice reverb, maybe a Holy Grail.

I wasn't too keen on the Metal Muff I had, sound a bit gimmicky I thought. Maybe get a nice overdrive if you have a decent amp. Fulltone OCD's are really nice.
get an mxr phase 90 and mxr carbon copy

with those 2 you can make so many trippy effects

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

i would probably say get a delay pedal. boss dd3 or dd5 or dd7 or whatever you can afford. i went for the ibanez delay, just because everyone seems to use the boss ones, and i want to sound different. plus my fav. guitarists adam jones apparently uses ibanez delay.

as for wha, id get a morley bad horsie or a morley mark tremonti sig. they are practically the same, but absolutly brilliant

you dont need an EQ your amp already has one... but if your heart is set on one, behringer believe it or not are the best for them. amazing sound.

as for noise reduction/gate/compression... do you really really need one? id leave it out.
Gear:

Mesa/boogie dual rectifier
Fender Telecaster USA
Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Sheraton
Jackson KE3 Kelly Pro
Boss Super Chorus
Boss Super Overdrive
MXR Carbon Copy
Morley Pro Series Wah/Volume/Distortion
t.bone wireless system.
Quote by tilinmyowngrave
you dont need an EQ your amp already has one... but if your heart is set on one, behringer believe it or not are the best for them. amazing sound.

as for noise reduction/gate/compression... do you really really need one? id leave it out.

the EQ is just in case. i dont know. but the Noise gate is a must! very annoying feedback from my amp!
Quote by timzee117
get an mxr phase 90 and mxr carbon copy

with those 2 you can make so many trippy effects

Seconded.

Look into the EHX Small Stone for phasing too, maybe a chorus pedal? For delay, i'd go for the DD-20, cuz you get a ton of extra features for like 40 or 50 bucks more than the DD-7, and even if you're not gunna use them off the top of your head, you may find some use for them, or decide to mess around with other genres, etc, so the functions can be useful. The Line 6 DL4 is also really good too.
Ok. So ill look at delays. Probably a boss. And ill look at a MXR Phase 90. i stil dont know exactly what they do. On my buds Line 6 it just makes stuff sound like ****!
it's meant to copy (at least i believe) the swoosh of a rotary cabinet, which gives it that "swoosh" you get when using one.
First, I'd get a power supply for the board, sell the crybaby or mod, buy a morley wah if the crybaby was sold, get a delay, get a chorus and then a phaser.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots