Page 1 of 2
hey fellow UGers, im wondering what console to buy, ive heard many things of other people but i want to know what UGers thing about it.
Gaming thread.

But go with a 360, better games, better online, cheaper.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
360 DEFINITELY.

It doesn't get any better for games.

Fable 2
It's getting FFXIII (take that sony)
Halo 3

just to name a few, oh and Xbox live pwns whatever the PS3 has.
Nice beaver.

(. Y .) (. Y .)

Better in a lot of aspects.
-Comfortable controller
-Huge library of games
-Great online
-Doesn't look like a grill.
Pfft sorry im not one of those people that is going to be consumed by a video game system there bud. I got my Ps3 and im happy with it. I am not a hardcore gamer, Yea its got Metal Gear. Id take metal gear over Halo anyday.
360 is definitely more ass for the cash, but I'd say ditch the games and buy a guitar. You can get alot more out of that. Either that or a hooker.
Tempus Edux Rerum Sic Transit Gloria Mundi

Check out my band, Prosper! Prog/Metal/Core from Columbus, Ohio.
Quote by MetalGear1786
How does xbox live beat ps3's online? You dont pay for it.

a) you can get a game in like 10 seconds
b) you dont have to put some bull**** ip address in
c) the live games are much better than ps3 alternatives
Wtf ever man im playing COD4 right now. I dont wait for anything, theres no Ip address crap. You dont even know what your talking about.
Quote by Phazer
a) you can get a game in like 10 seconds
b) you dont have to put some bull**** ip address in
c) the live games are much better than ps3 alternatives

+largeamountsofe-cookies
Nice beaver.

(. Y .) (. Y .)
Ps3's are more $ then 360 but you get what you pay for. I have a Ps3 and love it. I like Xbox 360 also.. its just that since I was a kid I had the PS1, then Ps2 now Ps3.

The ps3 has everything built in. WIfi antena, Bluetooth, HdMi output....etc.
The ps3 has gotten alot better with the updates it has now, it has in game messaging now, wich was a big issue.

Also Ps3 is getting Home soon. Wich is a virtual world where every Ps3 user can walk around and such. google it for more info.

Ps3 may not have as many games as Xbox, but the games we do have are intense. We are getting some wicked stuff soon.

oh ya...Ps3 online is FREE.
it all depends, if you are planning on playing offline then ps3 but if you are going to play alot of online games then 360, sure you pay for live but its worth it, ps3 online is nowhere near as good as live
My friend left his xbox with guitar hero 2 &3, COD4, Gears of War. Guess what im playing? MGO,& COD4 on ps3 lol. I have the option, and I still go with the ps3. I havent even touched the xbox since he left.
Quote by MorbidVirus
Buy neither and do something productive instead of rotting away behind a television set

YES! YESSS!!

Quote by MorbidVirus
Buy neither and do something productive instead of rotting away behind a television set

thats a horrible option who do you think you are?
Nice beaver.

(. Y .) (. Y .)
Quote by MorbidVirus

Smart man.
Get a 360 for now. If you really want a PS3, wait until there are a LOT more good games for it, or until a price drop.
loool u guys are funny i already have my , guit equip.. gibson, lp stu. + mesa lone.. i just want an opinion no flaminn'
Man, you gotta look at the big picture...

Success =/= Video Games.

Success == Guitar.

Guitar > Video Games.

It's more fun anyway, so hey, party on, right?

Quote by Fatal Instinct
Man, you gotta look at the big picture...

Success =/= Video Games.

Success == Guitar.

Guitar > Video Games.

It's more fun anyway, so hey, party on, right?

actually a nice balance of both is fantastic
Nice beaver.

(. Y .) (. Y .)
It really all comes down to what games you want to play. If Xbox has the most games that are appealing to you, get it...or vice versa. To be honest, almost all major games (save Halo 3 / Metal Gear 4) are available on both consoles. PS3 is kind of a late bloomer, Sony is slowly catching up to the Xbox in terms of quality.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Alright, alright. I can't win everyone over. Enjoy your gaming!

*disappears with a flash and a smoke bomb*

Quote by Fatal Instinct
Alright, alright. I can't win everyone over. Enjoy your gaming!

*disappears with a flash and a smoke bomb*

*enjoys gaming*
Nice beaver.

(. Y .) (. Y .)
Well Xbox 360s got more good games, but PS3 has MGS4, and PS3s more powerful so when it comes to multiplatform games PS3 is prob the best, but its real expensive. But 360s often die, at least the old ones do. I have experience
Member #8 of the "I Love Mexican Food" club. PM frozen-dirt to join
i'd go ps3. the fact is that even if xbox has some better games (i'm not sure what they are since halo is extremely overrated) the 360 has already maxed out. they can't do much more with it. but they've barely even touched the surface of what the ps3 can do.

besides, it's more that just a game system. it's basically the brains of our entire entertainment system. it runs music, movies, you can put an SD card from your camera in and look at pictures, it's one of the cheapest blu-ray players you can get, and oh yeah, it also plays some kick ass games.

the ps3, contrary to whatever the hell G4 was saying after e3, is the future of gaming. the x box is about done. kojima wouldn't put mgs4 on the 360, not because of some allegiance to sony, but because he literally couldn't do the game on the 360. it wouldn't fit on a regular dvd, it needed a blu ray.

and the price difference starts to fall apart when you start paying for xbox live, and all the other ****. you have to pay for an upgrade to get it to use wi fi. that's ridiculous.

so go ps3 (or guitar)
Page 1 of 2