Hey, so I've been playing for around 3 years now, before rather casually but now a lot more frequently. Currently I use a Godin SD guitar 22 fret with the standard pick-ups and such, but I'm not too fond of the sound anymore. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on a good guitar with a sort of skinny neck that's good for for stuff like Metallica and Van Halen and stuff like that. I use a 30 watt Orange Crush amp which has pretty good sound I think.
Anything with a price range of around $500-700 Canadian (sorry not sure what the transition is for American) would be great.
This is what I currently use, http://www.underdogmusiccompany.com/m15/Godin/p109/Godin-SD/product_info.html ,couldn't find sites with the specs though. Or if you think that I'm an idiot and that the Godin is a really good guitar and I should give it another chance, by all means, tell me that.
Anyway, thanks.
i'd say go with either a Jackson or an Ibanez for the thin neck thats good for playin that hard rock-metal stuff youre aiming for
theres quite a few guitars in your price range from both brands as well.
Guitar:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Jackson DK2-L w/ Dimarzio X2N
Takamine acoustic

Bass:
Fender Precision Bass

Amp:
Marshall AVTX150H
Behringer BG412F
Marshall MG15MSII
It's all personal choice, I'd go to your nearest guitar store and try out every brand of guitar you can get your hands on until you find something you like .

But for what you want, your ideal brands would be Ibanez (my personal favourite :p, Schecter, Jackson, ESP/LTD.

Those are mainly metal guitars, but if you are looking more rock (I couldn't tell, you only listed two bands ) Gibson/Epiphone will be versitile to play some thrash stuff I guess.
We can only guffaw at all the humbug we are told about martyrs.
Okay, thanks for the replies guys. I was looking into an ESP guitar because they look sweet and its what Kirk Hammett uses, but I wasn't sure on the size of the neck. I think I'll do that, go around to music stores that is, some time soon. Yeah, sorry about that, some others I like are: Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rush, INXS, Alice In Chains, Finger Eleven, Motley Crue... just to name a few.
Anyway, thanks again for replying. Ciao for now.
it sounds like the sound you're looking for would be a fender. But the neck might not be slim enough, so i guess look at ibanez
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120