I feel like my 1x12 Vox AC30, is louder than my Orange RV50 head & Orange 4x12 cab.

Why though?

By the way, I'm going to start gigging with the Vox from now on. Just leave the Orange aside for a while.

Thanks!

JJ
Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.
They are unusually loud amps for 30 watts. Just goes to show how little wattage actually has to do with volume.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
True...my RV50 only sounds "loud" when it's about halfway on the volume...why? I have to actually crank a 50 watt amp, when I shouldn't.
Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.
Wattage has very little to do with volume. Like al112987 said, Vox may have a "louder" watt than Orange.
Or maybe the Orange is an SS, I've never heard of that model.
Rockerverb 50 Head: has four 6v6 power tubes, four 12AX7 preamp tubes, and two 12AT7 preamp tubes. I'm pretty sure it's not a solid state amp.
Quote by NeverMeant
It's all good man! Yes, the Rockers are amazing. I'm just trying to finish buying some pedals.
Quote by NeverMeant
Quote by guitaruboy
i think its because the vox amps have a more midrange round and it cuts through more

Valid point... The extended vox honk definetly cuts through the mix like butter!