I've been wanting to get a new guitar lately because i have a crappy first act guitar at the moment. i need some recomendations. i play mostly metal and rock and i have about a $500 budget please help. I also need a new amp i can spend about $150 on an amp.
i would suggest that you would post the current gear that you have but i would suggest roland micro cube and a ibanez s320
ESP LTD F-414FM
ESP LTD F-415FM
ESP LTD B5-E
Ibanez SRX355
Ibanez SRA505
Ibanez BTB775PB
SWR 750X
SWR Megoliath 8x10 Cab
even out that budget. $325 will buy you a nice amp (Vox Valvetronix, used Peavey Valveking+digitech bad monkey). $325 will also buy you a nice guitar (squier -no bashing- Vintage modified series, Epiphone prophecy EM-2 EX, used Jackson DK2M/DK2/DKMG, used fender standard strat FR).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Aug 9, 2008,
amp is most of your sound .. you should get the vox valvetronix amp .. 250 .. but better guitar is better playability .. u should get the epiphone g400 emg .. emgs are very metal and the epi sgs play very nicely .. emg sg epi is 400 .. or a regular g400 is 350
take it easy man .. its just a thread