Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a pretty cheap one? Like, 500 and under if possible?
Woah, i didn't know fender made mustangs, isn't that ford?

EDIT: Oh....
Poop.

Yes, poop.
Last edited by MattAnderson111 at Aug 9, 2008,
Well that Duo Sonic is a much smaller scale than a Mustang really.

For 500 you can pick up a used Mustang...

Also, what music do you play?
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Gabel
Well that Duo Sonic is a much smaller scale than a Mustang really.

Contradictory to what i said in your sig:

No it isn't They are both 24" scale, however, the Duo Sonic is very different because of different wood used, different hardware, pickup positioning etc.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
^Yeah you're right there, I mixed it up with the Bronce which was a small scale one!

I remembered that now. The Duo Sonic does use the same wood though (Mustangs are basswood).
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Quote by Gabel
^Yeah you're right there, I mixed it up with the Bronce which was a small scale one!

I remembered that now. The Duo Sonic does use the same wood though (Mustangs are basswood).

I thought the mustang reissues were poplar? But i'm not entirely sure so i'll just agree with you.

I understand why you got confused about the scale. The original fender duo-sonic from the 50s was 22.5" scale, then in the 60s they changed it to 24" before they replaced the musicmaster and duo sonic with the bronco and the mustang, but they've called the squier CV the "50s" duo sonic despite having the 24" scale.

I thought the bronco was 24", but it might've been issued with both of the "student model" scale lengths at different times similarly to the duo-sonic. I want squier to make a Classic Vibe series Bronco...
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I play mostly classic rock and blues. It seems like the Mustang would fit it pretty well, would it not?
Quote by stratdud39
a strat suits ur style more
mustang is more for grunge and punk

+1
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
I don't like strats though lol I have one in possession right now and it's uncomfortable for me.
Any other suggestions for my style?
Quote by stratdud39
a strat suits ur style more
mustang is more for grunge and punk

WRONG!

Most people accosiate the Mustang tone with Curt Cobain. But this is wrong. He changed out the pickups, bridge and wiring and so on. Basically everything that was SPECIAL with a Mustang!

Quote by Blompcube
I thought the mustang reissues were poplar? But i'm not entirely sure so i'll just agree with you.

I understand why you got confused about the scale. The original fender duo-sonic from the 50s was 22.5" scale, then in the 60s they changed it to 24" before they replaced the musicmaster and duo sonic with the bronco and the mustang, but they've called the squier CV the "50s" duo sonic despite having the 24" scale.

I thought the bronco was 24", but it might've been issued with both of the "student model" scale lengths at different times similarly to the duo-sonic. I want squier to make a Classic Vibe series Bronco...

Mustangs are basswood. The one I owned was!

Oh and TS for classic rock and blues, yes the guitar will do great!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Quote by Smale
Sorry if this is a dumb question but TS meaning? A Tele?

(thread starter)

For the OP(original poster)

Try playing some guitars before you buy one. There's a plethora (a lot) of guitars out there for Classic Rock and Blues.
Also classic rock and blues is very wide in sounds. I play blues and classic rock, think The Who, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Cream and so on. I use mainly a Les Paul, since I prefer their sound.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

I play Cream, Derrick and the Dominoes, Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and Freddy King mostly. I thought the Mustang would do because of the wood type and the single coiled pickups.
Well besides Derek and Pink Floyd that's mostly humbucker tones. I'd get a Fat Strat or Les Paul if I were you...
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Isn't Gilmour's main a Stratocaster though. I know he uses actives in his and has for a while, but he sparingly has used a Les Paul from what I can remember.
Hmm i would say a mustang (if you modded it) would suit grunge but you'd have to know how :/