Pit, I am so unbelievably terrified that my mom might have lung cancer. She had bronchitis earlier in the year, and now she has a sore throat, shes coughing really bad, and shes sneezing out some blood (not a lot though). I just looked up symptoms online, and I could be wrong, but I don't think I am. She's been smoking for a while, and I've told her countless times to stop. I told her what I think it is, and she says its just bronchitis because she also has a runny nose and watery eyes. I definitely think shes in denial, and I'm so afraid I'll lose her. I already lost my dad last year, and I don't need to lose my mom anytime soon.

Any reassurance? Anything I can do?

AND PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT TELL ME YOU'RE SORRY BECAUSE THAT REALLY DOES NOT HELP ME.
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Show her what you saw on the internet? Call an ambulance anyway?

I thought this would be the Pit's moment to shine, but it went 4 minutes without a post...
Well when I look up symptoms online I am usually tricked into thinking I have illnesses I don't. Just in the last year I thought I had varicocele, a heart condition, and panic disorder, none of which I did. She should probably see the doctor anyways though...
Quote by RPGoof
The best thing you can do is see a doctor. Sure, she might have every symptom on the list, but she may just have bronchitis and a bad cold.

Which isn't exactly a good thing... having both at the same time.
My dad was very sick recently, and the doctor told him that there is a fair chance he was Malaria.

Turns out that (after the blood tests), he has nothing.
It could be like this - there's always hope.
does ur family have a history of cancer ?
Quote by Godsmack_IV
Emus. Seriously, no bird should be that big.

Quote by CFH82
Long story short, I had a dream I fu**ed a horse.

Rise up
We are revolutionaries
Viva la revolución
The Pit still has yet to gain its M.D.

Go to a doctor if you want answers. There's little that an internet guitar forum can do to help.

Cheers. Hope she's all right.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Maybe she's got a cough and a bloody nose? Honestly, if it's only those 2 symptoms worrying about lung cancer is just being a hypochondriac.

Get her to see a doctor.
Whether it is cancer or not your mom needs to get checked out I think. She is very lucky to have a daughter who cares about her so much and sees signs like those regardless of whether or not it is what you think it is. I'll be praying for you, no matter how un-metal that is. God bless and no worries.
She is going to the doctor on Monday.
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Quote by Gunpowder

Go to a doctor if you want answers. There's little that an internet guitar forum can do to help.

Cheers. Hope she's all right.

I hate to add to this ones enormous ego, but he's right.

EDIT: Sorry, just saw that she is going to a doctor. In that case there is nothing to say. I've been in the same position and there was nothing anyone (other than a doctor) could say to make it better.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Well, my diagnosis is:

YOUNEEDTOASKAMUTHA****INDOCTAR-idus
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Hope its not dude its one of the worst. High fatality rate..my gran had 2 friends both die within 3 months of contracting lung cancer.

One of my balls keeps hurting and i keep getting told its nothing and also my doctor is a guy so im sick of him touchin my sacks
i suggest trying to convince her to see a doctor. even if she refuses to believe its cancer, then at least tell her to go for the bronchitis that she thinks she has.

EDIT: ok i saw that you said she was going Monday. good. hopefully its not cancer.
Last edited by daytripper75 at Aug 10, 2008,
Quote by Gunpowder

+1. Seriously, guitar forums are not the place to seek medical advice or some sort of comfort for a situation like this. So I'm going to be a dickhead, and tell you this:

Pics or it didn't happen.
Quote by Kensai
I know a good joke:

Women's rights.
Quote by Chubbychunks
I know a good joke:

Kensai's life.
i know you said people saying sorry won't help but i'm gonna say it anyway.

I'm sorry about it, i know what your dealing with, i know a really good guy who has dealt with lung cancer(4or5 times) and now has brain cancer.

it ****ing suck but hopefully it all happens for reasons that no one can understand

well... hope it doesn't happen but remember someone will always know what your going through
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
Finally, true communism will ensue.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
Definately go to a doctor. Also, she really does need to stop smoking. You shouldn't just say "mom, don't smoke", you need to physically take the cigarettes from her and flush those little death-sticks down the toilet. Go out and get her some nicotine patches if she won't for herself. You need to take care of her as I'm sure she has taken care of you.

And I am somewhat obligated by my concience to say I'm sorry and God bless.
"It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner." - Frank Zappa

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
American Strat w/ Texas Specials
Ibanez JS1000
Vox Wah (true bypass & LED mod)
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR
Quote by Iron_Dude
Definately go to a doctor. Also, she really does need to stop smoking. You shouldn't just say "mom, don't smoke", you need to physically take the cigarettes from her and flush those little death-sticks down the toilet. Go out and get her some nicotine patches if she won't for herself. You need to take care of her as I'm sure she has taken care of you.

And I am somewhat obligated by my concience to say I'm sorry and God bless.

Well, that's a definite plus one. thousand.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
As much as I'd like to offer my views/advice, I'm just a 16 year old boy. However I do feel that smoking has something to do with it. I hope it's not cancer.
Quote by RedDeath9
Which isn't exactly a good thing... having both at the same time.

It's a lot fucking better than lung cancer.
<Han> I love Hitler
Quote by hadillac
As much as I'd like to offer my views/advice, I'm just a 16 year old boy. However I do feel that smoking has something to do with it. I hope it's not cancer.

Uh, would it be any different if you were a 16 year old girl?
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
No!! Dont let her go to the doctor. Let the pit resolve this. Then we'll be famous and instead of Pit Monkeys we'll be named as Pit Knights by society.
i understand that you're worried but don't jump to conclusions. matching symptoms on the net is not a good way to diagnose someone. i'm sure if she is concerned about it she will go to the doctor.

don't ask the pit for any sort of medical advice. i'm going to have to add this to the rules now because it's become such a common occurrence.
from daylight...
...into darkness