its a boss me-50 and im pretty satisfied with it exept for the fact that it has crappy distortion. im new at and im not good at setting things up (like trebble mid high gain drive stuff like that) and i cant set it up to get a good sound, and also my amp has like the same dist. options as the pedal (like trebble reverb etc.) and i dont know how to mix the two in or if your supposed to do that at all. i was wondering if there are like any guides for settings and stuff or even if you could help out. thanks
dont mix em n try putting the bass and trebble knobs on 11 n the mid on 3 n crank the distortion
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
like mentioned here already, its all about your ear. What you want to hear.

As for mixing, I wouldn't chance it, bringing both distortions together would make the sounds muddy most likely.

There are some threads about "Guitar Settings" or "Amp Settings"

do a search of the forums, they may not have options for your exact amp and pedal, but will tell you what other people/artists are doing (like cutting bass, scooping mids etc..) to get certain sounds.

Don't be afraid to experiment, have fun with it. The only good sound that will come out is whatever you prefer.
Quote by SungWismyName
What does sustain,pickup, and humblewockey(its wrong but it sounds liek this) mean on electric guitars?
Quote by albinokrikit
dont mix em n try putting the bass and trebble knobs on 11 n the mid on 3 n crank the distortion

Oh yeah for sure. Even better, mids on zero

You just gotta tweak it. Every night I fiddle with my amp, always working to improve my tone. Just keep at it!