Where do you guys think guitar playing would be right now if guitarists the likes of Jimi Hendrix and Randy Rhoads hadnt died and had lived on to create more records?
Bands I've Seen:
Ozzy Osbourne
Rob Zombie
In This Moment
Age of Daze
Blue October
Inward Eye
Thornley
Billy Talent
Rise Against
Rancid
Anvil
Theory of a Deadman
Shinedown
Pop Evil
Blink 182
All-American Rejects
Fallout Boy
Probably playing guitar and touring or making new albums. You know, what artists usually do.
I'll believe in anything and you'll believe in anything.
last.fm
Jimi Hendrix would've put out some more kickass **** and then prolly died somehow anyways.

Randy Rhoads would've gone on to create more classical type music, he'd probably be some kinda composer now.
Would've inspired even more people to play the guitar. Thus increasing the population of guitarists worldwide.
Randy would probably go solo and start going neo-classical-esque but awesome.
Jimi would still be awesome. He said himself in an interview before he died that he felt he had contributed as much as he could to music and that there wasn't anything else he could do... something along the lines of htat
A prophet foresaw them selling out so the prophet brought DOOM to these musicians before they could sell out.

Seriously though, I think if they were alive a bit longer, I think they would have sold out greatly.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Quote by RPGoof
Randy would probably go solo and start going neo-classical-esque but awesome.
Jimi would still be awesome. He said himself in an interview before he died that he felt he had contributed as much as he could to music and that there wasn't anything else he could do... something along the lines of htat

That's really freakin sad.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
jimi wouldnt be as famous as he is if he was still alive... he went out at its peak...

now... randy... thats another story, one can only imagine what could happen if he had still improved his playing
I don't think TS is asking what these people as artists would be, but guitar in general. I think there would be alot more of a challenge to be creatove (Jimi) and the bar would be set higher for aspiring guitarists.
Jimi'd be playing the half tim show with Elton John.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Tough to say, if you mean their influence on other guitarists. Once you hear Jimi play once, it changes you forever, listening to more just makes you appreciate how awesome he was. I doubt HIS style would change that much, since he was so rooted in blues. Randy on the other hand, you never know where he would have gone....
jimi hendrix would have become like an old bluesy singer like he was in the beginning right after the whole hippy thing died out, but he would still be amazing
if randy rhoads was still alive ozzy's new music would b wayy better...not saying it isnt good but randy was a god and he probably also would hav done more classical stuff and continued to kill the confedince of every guitarist in the world lol
Quote by chuckflan333
That's really freakin sad.

No it isn't, thats amazing and actually i think to be untrue.
Wait, i just thought of it differently it kinda is sad.
EDIT ^ Randy would have left Ozzy soon anyway, to make a new band. He was going towards more classical and keyboard.
Quote by kd420
Tough to say, if you mean their influence on other guitarists. Once you hear Jimi play once, it changes you forever, listening to more just makes you appreciate how awesome he was. I doubt HIS style would change that much, since he was so rooted in blues. Randy on the other hand, you never know where he would have gone....

I never thought of it that way, but that is inexplicably true! Very well said. It also pointed out that I have changed as a guitarist since first hearing voodoo chile.
The would have both kept being BAMFs and eventually decimate they world with their rockage, blowing up every entity created, thus becoming literal gods when the recreated the world in nine minutes and ten seconds by playing a jam which would eventually be referred to as "Freebird". Dave Grohl would be Satan, Tool would be world wide religion. Through Fire And Flames the world anthem. Pantera would be the world wide country. thus creating a world imagined by John Lennon.
ESP Eclipse Standard Series W/ PRS Santana II Pickups
PRS SE Soapbar II
Peavey 5150 120w Head
Avatar 412 Traditional Cab(v30's+G12H30's)
Malekko, Rocktron, T-Rex and MXR/Dunlop pedals
Quote by Arch1119
The would have both kept being BAMFs and eventually decimate they world with their rockage, blowing up every entity created, thus becoming literal gods when the recreated the world in nine minutes and ten seconds by playing a jam which would eventually be referred to as "Freebird". Dave Grohl would be Satan, Tool would be world wide religion. Through Fire And Flames the world anthem. Pantera would be the world wide country. thus creating a world imagined by John Lennon.

EPIC.

+many to you, amazing man.
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
If I wanted to read excessive ammounts of text I'd have read erotic literature, not wikipedia.
Quote by tyler_j
if they hadn't died, they'd be dead by now...

Randy would be just over 50 retard
Bands I've Seen:
Ozzy Osbourne
Rob Zombie
In This Moment
Age of Daze
Blue October
Inward Eye
Thornley
Billy Talent
Rise Against
Rancid
Anvil
Theory of a Deadman
Shinedown
Pop Evil
Blink 182
All-American Rejects
Fallout Boy
OMFG!!!!!!!!I love the second part of you sig...BHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

God:Yeah i loooooooooooooooove mukipz
ESP Eclipse Standard Series W/ PRS Santana II Pickups
PRS SE Soapbar II
Peavey 5150 120w Head
Avatar 412 Traditional Cab(v30's+G12H30's)
Malekko, Rocktron, T-Rex and MXR/Dunlop pedals