Good evening all,

I am located in the middle of know where. My time is limited once I leave work but I am dying to learn Guitar. Can anyone recommend a descent sight to take free lessons on the web? I have a good acoustic guitar and have time in the evenings to set and learn. Its just the web is best for me. I am really not into learning how to read music either. I understand tablature the best. If there is any advice one could through my way I would definitely appreciate it. Thanks all and have a good night.

Sid
ummmm... theres a lessons page here. go look around.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
ok basicallly all the lessons you really need are here on UG,just click on lessons at the top of the web page.
You could also use youtube, i find some good lessons there and its best to watch someone do exactly what they are explaining. The bad thing about you tube is that anyone can put up a video and they could be wrong.

Now as far as learning songs get your self two programs
1.powertab- free
2.guitar pro-not free

When you search for tabs on UG get the powertab version or the guitarpro version depending on what program you get-i have both and would suggest both.
It makes learning song allot more simple then looking at written tabs.
This site has taught me everything I know. Just playing songs that I like has taught me some general stuff, I had a bit of background working with theory (middle school band.. yea) and once again this site has taught me a lot. Just look around and check out some articles. You may want a better resource for chords, so heres http://chordbook.com/ and teach yourself to use a metronome, it will pay off. Just google it

Don't forget to enjoy it to. That's the most important (and easiest) part
I recommend checking out www.justinguitar.com

A guy by the name of Justin Sandercoe has prepared a series of videos specifically designed to teach beginning guitar students the basic fundamentals of guitar playing.
Thanks to you all. Hey Kim. Its funny you mentioned Justin. I was doing his first lesson last night. I like that he goes slow and they zoom up on what he is dong. Thanks again all and have a good night.

Sid