Ok so i went to guitar center today and bought a Line 6 HD 150 head. I was gonna get the cab too but i was a little short. Right now i have it plugged into my combo amp and the effects are amazing! Im looking to get a cabinet next weekend after i get paid but i have a question. Do cabinets effect the quality of the sound enough to make me get an expensive one? Within in the month im looking to make it a full stack to. Does it really make it louder with 2 cabinets of the same wattage? (thats probably a stupid question)
5150 III 100W, Mesa 4x12 Cab, Framus Cobra Cab, M-Audio Profire 610, ISA One Pre, SC607-b, Equator D5's, Countryman Type 85 Di box, Radial JCR, Superior Drummer, SSD 4 Ex, TS9, NS-2 and the list goes on and on

Praise the Lord we have that emoticon now. Saves alot of typing.

I'm going to save everyone's time and just say to return the head while you can. Unless you truly feel that it is a stellar amp.
But anyways to answer your question, buying a better cab is usually worth it. But in your case, it may be better just to get the matching cab.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7

I'm going to save everyone's time and just say to return the head while you can. Unless you truly feel that it is a stellar amp.
But anyways to answer your question, buying a better cab is usually worth it. But in your case, it may be better just to get the matching cab.

Why get a better head? I think it sounds amazing and no i dont have 2000 to get a marshall if your gonna say that
5150 III 100W, Mesa 4x12 Cab, Framus Cobra Cab, M-Audio Profire 610, ISA One Pre, SC607-b, Equator D5's, Countryman Type 85 Di box, Radial JCR, Superior Drummer, SSD 4 Ex, TS9, NS-2 and the list goes on and on
Because it's digital and it will sound digital at higher volumes. it feels gross and compressed and yucky.

For the same price you could get something ALOT nicer, all tube, and generally better.

Your money though, i guess..
Quote by darkarbiter7

+1
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
I'm not going with bandwagons or anything like that. I owned a spider for the first 6 months of my guitar...ing. So, i've had tons of experience with them.

Sure, it sounds cool when you first get it, but once you bring it up to gigging or band practice volumes, it'll start to clip and feed back. Plus, the tone even at low volumes is sub par for the price.
I'm sure you can find something for the same price which is much higher quality.

But again, it's your cash, and your tone. If you like the spider, keep it. But if you feel that you will get sick of it, get something better.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator