I know this is a common question but I 2 weeks ago I got a brand new ESP LTD M-53 and I've noticed an annoying buzz on the 6th string. It doesn't buzz too bad when played opened and any fretted note will usually buzz. I can't pinpoint where the buzz is coming from and the action is not too low. The minimum recommended action is .078 and my action is at about .11. What should I do? Should I exchange it for another since I don't want to have to pay to get it checked out locally. Thanks!
Seems I posted this in the wrong forum and it got moved, sorry. Does anyone have any suggestions?
I read this thread title as "love buzz" and thought it was something about nirvana.

What strings are you using? thinner strings tend to buzz more even with higher action, particularly the low E.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Using strings that came with it out of the factory. I have some D'Addario EXL110 Nickel Light strings coming in the next few days though. I was considering to change the strings once they arrive but like I said this guitar is only 2 weeks old.
well the factory strings are usually 09-42 gauge. I'd recommend using at least 10-46 on any guitar - it should sustain longer and rattle a lot less due to the extra tension, and have a fuller sound.

Although, it depends on what is causing the buzzing. It could be something to do with the nut. If new strings don't sort it out, its likely you'll need a new nut, which shouldn't cost much. People seem to underestimate the importance of the nut a lot.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Yeh the D'Addario I'm getting are 10-46. I guess I'll try changing out the strings.
i had the same problem and changing the strings did nothing ... raising the action did nothing .. exchange it .. hurry ...it frusterated the hell outta me till i exchanged it .. and make sure you try the new one b4 u leave the store
take it easy man .. its just a thread
I purchased it online through Musician's Friend. Don't really want to go through the hassle if I don't have too (especially pay for return shipping). Is that my only option?