okay, so a week or so ago my grandma had someone from her church over. i was there on an overnight night stay but i decided to bring my guitar and amp with me. i was outside on the deck playing and i guess he heard me. he came over and asked if i would like to join a band for the church. it pays $100 a week. it would be fine except i'm not religious and my bass player wouldn't be able to join be cause he works sundays.... so i'd have to start with a new bassist. i have mine trained already. don't wanna train another damn bassist. so advice? should i do it? or no?
Last edited by shaggydogJV at Aug 10, 2008,
Quote by shaggydogJV
okay, so a week or so ago my grandma had someone from her church. i was there on an overnight night stay but i decided to bring my guitar and amp with me. i was outside on the deck playing and i guess he heard me. he came over and asked if i would like to join a band for the church. it pays $100 a week. it would be fine except i'm not religious and my bass player wouldn't be able to join be cause he works sundays.... so i'd have to start with a new bassist. i have mine trained already. don't wanna train another damn bassist. so advice? should i do it? or no?

Wait, do you mean to say you have a new aunt or uncle?
Quote by shaggydogJV
okay, so a week or so ago my grandma had someone from her church.

sexually?
Quote by shaggydogJV
so i'd have to start with a new bassist. i have mine trained already.

you treat your bassist like a dog?

anyways, why should you have to be exclusive to one bassist? keep up with both. and as long as you are respectful to the religion during mass it should be fine
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
i hate church but i would do that in a minute for 100& for 1 sunday a week

and u "train" ur bassist? lol
Quote by OrangePossum
Yep, it's Soviet UG versus bdfs05.

good luck.

Quote by bdfs05
fuck yea i got sigged

Quote by MyNameIsLame

When you're in the Pit, substitute any valid, reasonable answer with one of the following: fap, smoke pot, drink alcohol, rape, and/or murder.
Quote by bdfs05
i hate church but i would do that in a minute for 100& for 1 sunday a week

and u "train" ur bassist? lol

You don't? My guitarist had me in a shock collar for a week and for some reason leather underwear I think there may have been more to training me now that I think about it.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Are you actually limiting yourself to one bass player?

It's a different activity. You don't have to bring the same people with you every time you play.

Plus, for $100 a week? That's awesome!
Do you use a leash on your bass player? I use one on mine but the vet told me to stop because I was damaging his throat.
I actually really understand about training your bassist. Not so much like a dog, but after so long of jamming and talking, you are more in sync? That's how I took it at least. If you can't stand behind the music you play, you shouldn't play it. Unless you really need cash. In which case, do it.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
(Progressive Metal is) like playing Nirvana, but faster, with little or no powerchords, cleanly, with more technique, and complex time signatures.

yeah we play alot and have bass and guitar parts down but they are too heavy for church........
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
Yeah dude Id do it.

I play for church. Im not really even much a Christian, more of an agnostic but I still play there. Its good because it give me more experience playing in a band and being in-sync with people. And hey, I do it for free. But your actually getting paid so go for it man.
Quote by shaggydogJV
yeah we play alot and have bass and guitar parts down but they are too heavy for church........

I don't get it... so you've written music together? That's awesome.

Why does that mean you can't play with someone else in this different group?