i like one of the guys in my band but the other two are dicks i can't stand them but there's a problem the only member i get along with is moving away i'm just not having fun. i guess it all started in the beginning when some of the guys were triing to plan what we were going to sound like instead of just letting it flow also they didn't wan't to learn how to play as a band as in they refused to play covers to get a feel for the band and how to work as a team so when we were jamming if you can call it that. the other guitarist would only try to play difficult stuff to show off and i could play that stull also but i dont because i find it annoying. ok i had to get that out
so should i tell the via email but my drummer checks his emails once in five days and if i talk to them face to face they will get angry and flip out help me ug
"I quit"
I decided I want to be more like the people on ug...

Searchbar!!!

That oughta do it.

Time for a supercool guitar demonstration by herman li,

Herman Li- why is this guitar so big?

Stage guy- because its a bass herman

yea seriously, if you dont like the guys just straight up quit. nothing to it

why is it so hard?
Banquo?

X
Just tell them you don't want to be in the band anymore. Email is too impersonal for something like that; say it face to face. Yeah, they might get mad, but it sounds like they're already losing another member anyway, so it shouldn't come as a shock to them. There's really no way to sugarcoat it.
This sounds a bit like my last failed band, what with them not wanting to learn covers and crap. I hated that attitude. Anyway, best of luck man.
just say you're not feeling it the next time they hit you up to practice
or better yet, just say you're gay they wouldn't want to be in the same band with you

if you're kind of pussy to be straight up, just say you're forced to become more serious in school or you're working now and you don't really have the time.
Well if they piss you off, quit in a pissy way.
Don't want to look sympathetic in front of guys you hate now?
Ibanez JEM
Ibanez RG350DX
Line 6 Spider 3
Boss MD-2
Dunlop Original Wah
KORG OASYS
KORG PA-60
when i quit..i called the drummer and said "Hey ****head I quit." it worked pretty well.
You should get out of the country and go to panama/mexico and start a living!
Poison their drinks, and then set up an elaborate system of ropes and pulleys that they must traverse in order to get the antidote.

Wait, what?

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
You should definitely tell them in person, at the end of the next practice.

Since you're quitting, you can decide when the end is too. You don't have to sit through the whole thing, just show up, say you're quitting and why, grab anything that's yours, give anything back, etc..
Just be cool and try to remain friends, at least as whenever you're around them.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Fake your own death, move to Brazil under a new name and start a whole new life.

But seriously, just tell the you quit. There's no need to sugarcoat it or anything.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
dont even tell them. just take yourself off the myspace and post a bulliten saying that you have left the band.
be a man and tell them to their face, what kinda pussy ditches anyone by text or email.
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
Tell them you quit to their faces.

Then burn their houses down.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
The best way is to go to practice, ask them to learn a cover, and if they say no, just shove it up there ass and say **** you, i quit. Make sure they aren't joks that will beat you up at school, if so, just tell them you quit.
When I quit a band last year I just said "it's not gonna work. I know we have a practice scheduled this week, so I just wanted to let you know now." That band really was a joke, rhythm guitar player sucked and could barely play basic guitar chords, singer sucked horribly, the bass player was good tho. The only thing is they didn't even have their own amps, they would use mine. I didn't mind them using it but I told them those little amps weren't going to cut it for shows but they wouldn't listen. Sometimes you just gotta say "**** this" and call it quits when its obvious the situation is never going to improve.

It's been a year since then I'm in another band now and we're way better. Good luck
i actually went to the top of the page to make sure i wasn't in the pit..
Who decided that pie would be sold on Tuesday but not Wednesday?
Quote by Dunjma
i actually went to the top of the page to make sure i wasn't in the pit..

The Pit is everywhere.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
If people are dicks to you than you shouldnt be iin a band with them. Tell them you quit on msn or tell them face to face its a drummer and a guitarist the two core members in most bands (Even though i think bass is very important) so they shouldnt be too pissed, if they are pissed it wont last long trust me ive been in a very similar situation.

Alternatively kill them and crap on their graves.
Last edited by supafreak at Aug 25, 2008,
Quote by umbrellacorp
"I quit"

Yup.
Your opinion is just that, YOUR opinion. It doesn't make you right. It doesn't make you better. It doesn't make you god. Everyone has their own view and that view is neither right or wrong.

Ignorance destroys music.
1 Kill them

2 hide their bodies

3 steal their gears and bang their girlfriends

4 find an awesome band

5 win
"My name is Forrest, Forrest Gump. People call me Forrest Gump"
Quote by giiii
1 Kill them

2 hide their bodies

3 steal their gears and bang their girlfriends

4 find an awesome band

5 win

why bother with their girlfriends? once your in an awesome band you'll be able to find much better chicks!
Who decided that pie would be sold on Tuesday but not Wednesday?
Quote by Dunjma
why bother with their girlfriends? once your in an awesome band you'll be able to find much better chicks!

Even better fu ck their mums and sisters(unless their underage) in a threesome.

Wait if they have a hot 40-50year old gran (it can happen) bring her in too.
if u do it on email they will find you and **** you up later, be a man and tell them exacty ur problems with the band and tell them if they dont fix it your out the door