I got ahead of myself on my last thread about amps.

Anyway, about my next amp... if my Palomino suffice.

I'm looking for an amp that's great for blues (Palomino does nice), brutal deathcore, loud enough for gigs, and LIKES distortion pedals (in addition to the brutal tone, and my Palomino doesn't like my Line 6 pedal as much).

Ok, I'm looking mostly for a good SS amp. Why? Because some tube amps may not like some of the pedals I use. Unless the tube amp has it's own clean channel, and not a single channel where I have to mess with the gains.

I was really looking into the Peavey Valveking. Versatile? Loud enough?

Your input please
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
Line 6 Tonecore Uber Metal
Maybe the Palomino doesn't like your Line 6 pedal because it's not a fantastic pedal?

If you want a SS amp why are you looking at the Valveking?? It's tube.

Anyway, the Valveking is versatile in the same way a spork is versatile. It's got the elements of a fork and the elements of a spoon, but it doesn't have either one mastered, it's just mediocre at doing both. It is loud enough, but to get it to sound really good you'd have to do a speaker swap and maybe a tube swap, so I'd recommend getting the 1x12. No, the "extra" headroom a 2x12 provides will not be noticeable. If you haven't already seen this around here, the Valveking is a huge bandwagon. There are much better amps out there if you do some research and look at places that arent the "usual" stores (i.e. Guitar Center, Musiciansfriend, blah blah blah).
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Quote by Highwaytohell
get a better overdive pedal. that line 6 will always suck.

ditch th eline 6 man

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

TBH you could probably just get a very high gain GOOD overdrive, put a new speaker in your palomino and maybe an EQ pedal and you'd be set
Quote by Highwaytohell
TBH you could probably just get a very high gain GOOD overdrive, put a new speaker in your palomino and maybe an EQ pedal and you'd be set

Really? I really dunno if I'll gig anytime soon and all, but it'd be nice to have something gig-worthy.

Maybe it is the pedal, but I can tell it loves SS amps.

Another thing about my Palomino that I'm unsure of is the cleans. I hate having to change the gains every time. It's only one channel.

Any suggestions for a good pedal maybe? Something brutal.
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
Line 6 Tonecore Uber Metal