New to the les paul thing, sorry if this is painstakingly obvious. Which pickup is the treble and which is rhythm on the pickup selector? Is the neck pickup the rhythm one, because thats what it sounds like, lol.
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
Yes.

Neck = Rhythm
Bridge = Treble

Ironically, from my experience, the bridge is generally used for rhythm while the neck is used for leads.
rhythm is the neck pickup. treble is bridge. its kinda stupid tho. the neck is far better for leads because its more articulate and the bridge is better for distorted chording. as always epi/gibson is a backwards corporation.
I use both pickups for leads and rhythms. They're good for different kinds of leads, and they're good for different kinds of rhythms. I wouldn't say the neck pickup is more articulate. Its actually muddier, but warmer, thicker and darker. You have to be really careful what pickup you're sticking the neck and what amp you're using because it has the tendency to mud up.

Usually I just put the selector in the middle position and mix the sound using the volume and tone pots.
Quote by al112987
Usually I just put the selector in the middle position and mix the sound using the volume and tone pots.

That's what I do too. Middle position all the way.
Quote by Flying Couch
Yes.

Neck = Rhythm
Bridge = Treble

Ironically, from my experience, the bridge is generally used for rhythm while the neck is used for leads.

Yeah that really confused me, Rhythm to me sounds like (now I'm a big Metallica fan) but that sounds like crunch. So I switch it to my rhythm and it sounds all warm and I'm like wtf? Thought my pickups were reversed or something, ok thx guys =D
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
Depends on how you want to use them. I think since the neck is usually the more muddy kind of blends in the background as opposed to the sharpness of the treble. But I like the crunch I get from treble so I stick to that regardless. Or middle.

But I'm guitar retarded so someone can probably explain it better.