I dont have a garage so would have to build in a bedroom upstairs (talking british 1970s housing here so nothing too solid. Do bandsaws etc weight a ton?

On a different note, i dont have a table, so would i be better getting a workbench like black and decker

70's houses are usually pretty stongly built - I reckon dust and noise is going to be your biggest issue!

Power tools that are likely to fit in a bedroom aren't as heavy as your average wardrobe full of clothes for example.

If I used a bandsaw indoors, I'd be in an awful lot of trouble with the wife!!!
Quote by mark_wuk
70's houses are usually pretty stongly built - I reckon dust and noise is going to be your biggest issue!

Power tools that are likely to fit in a bedroom aren't as heavy as your average wardrobe full of clothes for example.

If I used a bandsaw indoors, I'd be in an awful lot of trouble with the wife!!!

well i work eves and weekends so thats cool and theres always bloody workers round here chopping and sawing in their gardens.

on another note my father in law had his woodworking studio controlled for temperature and humidity...is this necessary?
Humidity and temp isn't a huge deal. I mean, i wouldn't let it get 110 degrees and 100% humidity in there either. An air conditioner or something would work fine.

As for a table, go make one. I bought some 4x4s and some particle board and made a 3.5'x10' work bench that is about as solid as it gets. Of course you can make it smaller, but that one probably cost me around 50 bucks.