Hi there, I hope I'm posting this in the right spot..

I was wondering if anybody knew a rock sort of song with violin included. A friend of mine has a music assessment coming up in a few weeks and asked me to play. We need a piece that can show a fair bit of technique but also sound fairly cool.

Regards,
Ash.
Well I know a song it's not really rock but a mix of rock - punk - irish maybe? - folk but a very very cool song I love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JePJNCrxpcY

Drunken lullabies from Flogging Molly

Guitar in there is pretty easy [actually almost only power chords and if I can remember there's a little solo?]. I don't play violin so I don't really know about it but it sounds sick.

edit: CAUSE WE FIND OURSELVES IN THE SAME OLD MESS!!!

SINGING DRUNKEN LUUUUUUUULLABIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIES
Last edited by kevC4 at Aug 10, 2008,
I probably should have mentioned that it didn't HAVE to be a rock song, that's just my preference. Just after a piece that shows technique in both guitar and violin. I'm probably after some sort of instrumental piece.

Thanks for the help though.
Quote by shadow phoenix
I probably should have mentioned that it didn't HAVE to be a rock song, that's just my preference. Just after a piece that shows technique in both guitar and violin. I'm probably after some sort of instrumental piece.

Thanks for the help though.

Awwww you don't want to sing in chorus Drunken Lullabies? =[

IT'S FUN BELIEVE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

And you can still change guitar parts o.O

Like during breaks, do a little solo or improvisation

Otherwise I don't really know =/
Umm...

The Flobots have a lot of Violin. Well, actually i think it's the viola.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by Cole419
something simple from Yellowcard would work

I agree with that
Thanks again for all the suggestions. The Yellowcard advice gave me an idea. It's a little further out there, song called Carrion by Parkway Drive. That as an instrumental, with a violin harmonising the guitar lines.

Would that work?