Well,

heres the story...........

For about a year, every few months I'd go down to my local Carvin dealer to ask about a guitar thats in the muesum pages to find out if they could make me one like it. Every time they'd ask they'd tell me they couldn't for whatever reason.

So after talking with my buddy Doug Steele about my problems with korean imports and the bad luck I have had in the past, Doug talks me into a 7 string. Or at the very least, to try one out.

So I went down to the Carvin store again in Santa Ana, had Oscar show me some. I surprisingly dug it. But one in particular had a tone that just jumped out at me. I took my little Vox AD30vt-xl combo with me to play stuff thru MY amp. I was in love, I just didn't dig the purple quilt combo on the one in the store.

But we were getting somewhere, I found a love for koa. Koa body with a koa neck and maple stripes.

So I was settled. I was finally gonna take the plunge and buy a USA made guitar. So I went home, put my imports on ebay to get some deposit money. Sold my guitars, now it was time to go back down to the store to play one more time just to be sure, amp in hand.

Yep, this guitar was ME. For the first time I found a fiddle that just leaped out at me tonally. It felt like an extension of me. No wierdness, the DC727 was MY GUITAR.

So I told Oscar, lets do this.

We walk over to the register, start talking about options, colors, getting a quote together.

Then it hit me. I'm not gonna spend this kinda money without making them tell me no ONE LAST TIME for that finish I had been dreaming about since the day I first saw it.

So Oscar looks at me and says "You know what theyre gonna say". But I tell him that I needed to hear no at least one more time. He tells me to go home, he's gonna call Mark Kiesel and find out from the man himself, the lead designer, if it can or can't be done once and for all.

I get a call a few days later from Oscar.

"Dude... He said yes...."

So I bailed out of the house, hopped in the car, and bolted down to the Carvin store. It's deposit time.

11 weeks later, Oscar calls me back, tells me it's pickup time.

Well folks. Here she is. The best looking and playing guitar I've ever seen or held in my life.

Carvin DC727
Koa body neck thru with 5 piece neck. 2 maple stripes
Tung oil finish on back of neck
Active pickups with coil split and phase switch
Ebony fingerboard
Abalone inlays
Schaller locking tuners
Dunlop Strap Locks
Original Floyd Rose

Ill let the pics do the rest of the talking. I'll try to get some outside pics monday or tuesday.

Sweet!!!

It still ain't as pertty as mine though.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Go see U2, then you can say you contributed money to Bono's giant Irish tower built out of the blood, tears, and the hopes of African children.
Nice!

although i'd pick my silverburst over one of those any day lol.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by evening_crow
Nice!

although i'd pick my silverburst over one of those any day lol.

This is called "ghost burst"

gunmetal grey burst on bright white body.

its not scratched btw, boneheaded me didnt wipe it down before taking pictures of it lol. my camera sucks but hey its better than cell phone quality
Awesome story bro, love the guitar. Video us!
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
Quote by shredforbread33
Awesome story bro, love the guitar. Video us!

yeah its kinda surreal looking back on it. after asking for this for a year even though its sitting in my lap right now, Im still in this sort of daze im expecting to wake up from.
Quote by cerebrix
This is called "ghost burst"

gunmetal grey burst on bright white body.

its not scratched btw, boneheaded me didnt wipe it down before taking pictures of it lol. my camera sucks but hey its better than cell phone quality

I'm talking about my Les Paul Silverburst. It's a special limited edition finish that was started to be used last year after it had been stopped for 25 years.

Saw this over on SS.org as well...

White, silverburst (ghost burst) and the dragon burst should be the only colours that Carvin offers. Looks killer man congrats
heres some daytime pics. ill try to take more at noonish when the sun is straight up. i hear theres less shadows that way. as you can see i suck at photography lol. so if you have any tips please post em.

Big fat lol to the license plate shops.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Man that guitar looks amazing!

Why does the bridge look really used though? Its already rusting!

EDIT: Nvm, its a reflection of you because its so shiny!
Seriously... That Carvin looks like a Ibanez with too much fastfoods.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by hminh87
Seriously... That Carvin looks like a Ibanez with too much fastfoods.

in a way its supposed to. koa is HEAVY. this things a tank but its still very comfortable and balanced.

this wood combo gave me the meat and warmth of a les paul, but still has the bite of alder in the upper registers. really, its the best of both worlds my friend.
pretty sweet and unique. add in the fact that it's an amazing guitar, and that makes what you have, very awesome. grats
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by cerebrix
Absolutely gorgeous dude, congrats
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
Holy awesometasticalriffic!
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Damn! That's pretty sweet! So when do we get to hear clips?
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by Mwoit
Go Carvin guitars! How much did that beauty cost you?

Quote by Horlicks
Ugly burst

haha

I like it (not as much as mine but still).

I used to play a Carvin 5 string bass when i was in high school and it was awesome. The only thing i personally don't like is the headstock though... It looks... idk

Otherwise it's a beautiful guitar.