Ok this is probably a really dumb question, but since I've never done this before and I've never asked or even been told I need to know now before I spend my money . When you buy an effects pedal, does it come with the cables necessary to hook it up to an amp or do you need to provide them? I have a cable to plug my guitar into my amp, but will I have to plug that into the first effects pedal, and then have another one running to each consecutive pedals and then another one from the last pedal to the amp or are those provided with the pedal?
So does that mean instead of buying say a 30 foot cable i should get like a 12-21 foot one, a few of those 6 inch connector cables and like a 8-12 inch cable for running from the pedals to the amp?
Quote by SCopeland24
So does that mean instead of buying say a 30 foot cable i should get like a 12-21 foot one, a few of those 6 inch connector cables and like a 8-12 inch cable for running from the pedals to the amp?

You still want some space between the pedal and amp since you'll be standing there while activating it, for that get a 6 foot cable. If you have multiple pedals you can get a 6 inch cable between each one.