Sorry for taking so long! This isn't a 'gabe' kind of video, so don't expect any talking. This was done in one take and my playing is VERY sloppy in this video. D: I just felt too tired to record again and again and again etc. One more thing, I really didn't know what to play, so you'll be hearing the same licks, riffs, etc. over and over again--sorry about that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwG6c5lEeKM

Anyway, I first show you what I'm playing through...you even get to see my feet! I start playing through the clean channel, and then I kick in the wah. Blah blah, I play a little more...then I turn the wah off and turn on the distortion channel. I play for it a bit etc etc kick in the ocd etc etc kick in the wah etc etc.

You'll hear me tuning my low E string to the br00tal D. I TRY to play some TDWP (I'm not that great at riffing, so sorry about that) and then I tune back up and play some DUH NUUH NUH NUH NUH! NUNA NUNA NUH NUNA NUNA NUH! DANANANA NA!!!!

And you'll see me at the very end trying to get some feedback, but I end up failing.

lol, i hope you enjoy watching/listening to it, and if you have any questions, just let me know.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Don't take this personally (heck I own the amp, so I know what it will sound like!) but the camera quality of the sound and with Youtube compression sounds...
SH*T!

Oh I can't wait to do my new gear demos soon!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Nice camera
You need an ISP decimator
Last edited by Horlicks at Aug 10, 2008,

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
What tubes do you have in it?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
It's stock.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Oic.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by Gabel
Don't take this personally (heck I own the amp, so I know what it will sound like!) but the camera quality of the sound and with Youtube compression sounds...
SH*T!

Don't take this personally, but that was one of the snobbiest posts i've seen in a long time and frankly, it makes me a little bit mad to see it come from one of the most well-respected people on this forum.

Moving swiftly on, i thought it was a good demo, showed the range of sounds really well, and your a pretty good player for the record
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
Quote by cmakkidguitar
Don't take this personally, but that was one of the snobbiest posts i've seen in a long time and frankly, it makes me a little bit mad to see it come from one of the most well-respected people on this forum.

You'll learn to ignore him.

Great demo by the way!!!
Quote by Gabel
SH*T!

Wouldn't expect it from a Clapton fan .
Fender USA Telecaster
Laney VC30-210
Vox Wah
That's it :|
Nice demo! Hella lotta background noise though

Amp + playing sounded good!
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
Quote by Gabel
SH*T!

Gabel... you are being quite a turkey.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Thanks fellas.

Quote by cmakkidguitar

Moving swiftly on, i thought it was a good demo, showed the range of sounds really well, and your a pretty good player for the record

Thanks, I appreciate the comment.

Quote by alexlemon2
why is your amp facing the wall? and why is there a CD stuck on the front?

It just sounds so harsh when the amps facing my direction now--I think this calls for a new tube change.

And 'blow by blow' is an amazing album.

Quote by Inspired_by_Vai
Nice demo! Hella lotta background noise though

Amp + playing sounded good!

Thanks, and to be honest, I thought all amps sounded like that

I'll be sure to get a noise suppressor...and better recording equipment.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Oh, ha. I just realized something--all that noise you hear in the beginning...that's my air conditioner.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Get an ISP decimator for your Air Conditioner

The amp sounded great though, my friend.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by igotabcrich32
Get an ISP decimator for your Air Conditioner

only if it's tr00 bypassed.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Sorry for my snobby post. I was kind of in a hurry. My GF called and asked me to meet her out on town basically.

I'll do it a bit more constructive:
Basically, I think that to be truthfully honest, based on that video, the sound is sh*t. It's noisy, it's trebly. Lacks defintion. Sounds like a cheap SS amp. This is however not your fault at all. This is all because of the camera. Camera microphones are low quality microphones that rarely can handle high volume levels. Even thouh you weren't playing too loud, most camera mics can't handle guitar amps. Not only that, but you have to compress the sound a lot, getting even worse tone! Because of the bad mics, I'm doing new gear demos, with real SM57s this time around (my new camera has an XLR input). Expect them sometime this week.

Now to the good part:
I do however not say that your tone is sh*t. Actually I if someone knows how good it is, because of us having very similar gear. I know I'm saying it's bad, but it's not your fault. Actually recording audio in general with camera mics is often troublesome. For an example, they are often mounted in such a way that they pick up the cameras internal noises. Not only that, but they are often very cheap ones, having a general lack of clarity. Also being so small means that they can't pick up any real low end.

I think that kind of makes up to it. I'm not trying to say it's your fault, it's because of the camera.

One good note though, that wah sounds great. I think I might be getting one of those later on!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

brotha be copying my rig

bump

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Jinskee
brotha be copying my rig

bump

Kind of actually. However, who was the man to recommend you the Picture wah in the first place?
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

playin sounds good and tone is kinda trebly but not bad at all. but holy crap thats a $hitload of of noise for 2 pedals and a guitar with humbuckers. you should not have to face your amp towards a wall. back way off on the treble.
Last edited by mmjohn at Aug 11, 2008,
Quote by mmjohn
playin sounds good and tone is kinda trebly but not bad at all. but holy crap thats a $hitload of of noise for 2 pedals and a guitar with humbuckers. you should not have to face your amp towards a wall. back way off on the treble.

Quote by Jinskee
Oh, ha. I just realized something--all that noise you hear in the beginning...that's my air conditioner.

a little reading goes a long way.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by igotabcrich32
a little reading goes a long way.

a little listening goes a long way....................listen when he steps on the ocd lots of noise. way to much noise for a amp with 2 pedals and a guitar with a humbucker's. listen at min 5:37 of the vid when he steps on the pedal and turns it off. it's not the air conditioning.
Last edited by mmjohn at Aug 11, 2008,
I do have a lot of gain on.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Fo sho.

I'm thinking it would be a good investment.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
b00mp

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
I agree with Gabe about how the camera mic pretty much killed the tone, but otherwise it sounded alright. The wah sounded really good as well.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.