I'm one click away from spending 670 bucks plus shipping on a carvin mts3212 but i'm a little worried. the sound clips are all from the head - not the combo. I've read some great reviews of this amp but would like some feedback from "real" people.

Does anyone have the combo version of this amp? if so, how do you like it? I'm looking for something that has great cleans, nice overdrive and screaming distortion. Its main use will be testing of my line of custom guitar pickups with the occassional small gig here and there.
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
I've played the head many times through the matching cab (same speakers as the combo), and i can tell you that it sounds great. Very tight and articulate but not extremely versatile. You really can't lose with this amp.
i've heard some people say the lead channel sucks... i'm looking for something with a very clean clean channel and a lead channel with enough overdrive in the lower settings to have a good hard rock bite but enough distortion to chug through some megadeth-type tones.

I keep glancing at a triple rectifier but the price scares me

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
maybe go for the V3 Combo or the Legacy combo? I actually don't know much about the MTS series sadly.
a marshall is the closest thing to a mts.... not saying its exactly like the tone but its the closest thing so if you like marshalls you will probly like this.
i've heard some clips of the head and the head sounds good but i'm not 100% sure... i wish i could try one out but alas i dont live in california...

i kinda like the V3 from what i've heard too... i'm not a huge fan of marshall's sound but i've really only played a JCM800 with toasted tubes and spent about 10 minutes fiddling with a JCM2000 DSL... never spent much time in front of a marshall to get a feel for the tone.

Again, i'm just going to use it for testing pickups, recording sample clips and possibly gigging with it once in a while. i'm more of a recreational player so i don't want to spend a fortune - but i need an amp with a good tone to baseline my pickup tones.

i would also like to know about this amp. ive been searching for one when i stumbled on this. it looks pretty good but i havent heard any sound clips or videos of it. i play death metal and my guitar is a bc rich nt warlock (flameshield)
what can you tell me?
Quote by necroscience13
i would also like to know about this amp. ive been searching for one when i stumbled on this. it looks pretty good but i havent heard any sound clips or videos of it. i play death metal and my guitar is a bc rich nt warlock (flameshield)
what can you tell me?

no
you wont like it. if you still like carvin then a V3 would be good, but if you are just looking for a good death metal tone, maybe a peavey 6505+