Hi

I use a korg d4 which records in MP2 format but pro tools doesnt read MP2s. Can anyone suggest the best solution to this problem. Audacity reads them OK so I could load them in Audacity then save them in MP3 but this could be a long process if I record a lot of tracks.

Thanks

Alfie
Quote by Hadeed
mp2..? isn't mpeg2 the format for dvds?

I dont think so but I think it is mpeg2 but the files all deffinately save as .MP2 . MP2 as far as I know was the format used before MP3 but it isnt used so much now and was never very popular anyway. Audacity uses it but Pro Tools doesnt. Its a bit of a pain but I am sure there is a simple solution.
MP2 is an older, more compressed format of the MP3 if I remember correctly.

ProTools needs proper hardware to work. Your korg will not work with the software.

Some interfaces to look into:
http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?langid=100&navid=28
(003 Family, Mbox 2, or M-Powered)

If you have the hardware and just have problems importing the files see if you cant change the settings on your recorder to record as an MP3 or wav file.
I have got a M Audio FastTrack but I like to record on the Korg D4 and take the compact flash out and pop it in the PC then load up the MP2 files into Audacity to do some editing and make some adjustments etc before finally burning to disk. I thought Pro Tools would be a great upgrade to audacity but I am not too sure now because it doesnt seem to like MP2s.
The audacity way will work, but you'll have to export those files as .wav, not .mp3

It is time consuming, but it's probably the best way to do it.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
The audacity way will work, but you'll have to export those files as .wav, not .mp3

It is time consuming, but it's probably the best way to do it.

Yeah I tried this and its not too bad. I can import all the tracks in one go and there is an export multiple option so its not as time consuming as I first thought.

Thanks
It is actually faster exporting .wavs in audacity than .mp3s, presumably because it doesn't need to convert the file when exporting