How would you define someone which is talented in music? What do you think you have to do to reach this state? Opinions?
Feel free to mention some great bands that you might be listening to, I wanna increase my collection
talented in music doesnt always mean the ability to play guitar like a god
it also means the ability to push the normal boundries of music within a range that people can still enjoy listening to it but still experience the experimental side of it
radiohead (especially thom yorke) is a clear example of this
Quotes from other UGers in your signatures that talk about how good you are suck donkey schlong.
I think musical talent is the ability to express yourself through music for other ppl to feel. I don't think it's related to technique or ability though...

EDIT: From what i normally listen i think Tool and Muse are perfect examples. Most of their songs aren't that complicated (except for Danny Carey's drums!).
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
I agree with EC, music is all about expressing yourself, the abillity to express yourself the way through music should certainly be considered a tallent.
Quote by leafy
talented in music doesnt always mean the ability to play guitar like a god
it also means the ability to push the normal boundries of music within a range that people can still enjoy listening to it but still experience the experimental side of it
radiohead (especially thom yorke) is a clear example of this

+1
Quote by Virtuoso883
How would you define someone which is talented in music?

Someone who has great skill at creating music.

ie Tatsuya Yoshida, Aaron Funk, Steven Stapleton, Masonna, Buzz Osborne, Mick Barr, Zack Hill, Yamantaka Eye, Michael and Marcus Sandison, Brian Eno etc etc etc

None of this tool, muse crap
Quote by teegman

ie Tatsuya Yoshida, Aaron Funk, Steven Stapleton, Masonna, Buzz Osborne, Mick Barr, Zack Hill, Yamantaka Eye, Michael and Marcus Sandison, Brian Eno etc etc etc

nice list, especially aaron funk, venetian snares are great

talent is subjective really, it's just writing to suit your target market if you're that kinda artist, and then you get people who do it for themselves, and make music that they themselves like.
Quote by pimpinazndude
^ wut he said

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
Quote by teegman

Brian Eno FTW!!!

Muse are awesome though - and judging by that poll thread you made I'm not surprised you're bashing them.

Talent in music is being able to express yourself through music.
Quote by teegman

Like i said, musical talent is not related to ability in order to acheive it's purpose.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
musical talent is having the ability to express yourself to your target audience and have them relate to what you are saying in some way.
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
Http://www.Smash-it-up.tk
I think to be a talented musician you have to be able to convey messages whether it be through voice, drums, guitar piano, etc. You also have to enjoy your craft as well because there are plenty of muscians that do music for the wrong reasons. Last, you have to be versatile.
ChevelleFan77
TRYING IS FAILING WITH HONOR

/thread
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
I don't see it as a divide between those who have and don't have talent. Just some people are more talented than others, and in different areas of music than others.
Got on the bus with me daysavaaaa
I would say being proficient in theory and technicality would make you talented. But also being able to express yourself correctly through your instrument.

a good mixture of the two, imo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0rKZi_fQgg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSM3FL7zUdw

The best way to be talented in music? being able to play whatever comes in your head.