Ok, so I'm looking for a first guitar, doesn't have to be something special, so I thought buy a squier bullet stratocaster seeing as I'm on a budget. I would buy it from Argos ( yes I know Argos guitars are crap but Squier is still a make, and Argos are like my only local retailer), and I would buy a tuner, picks and a lead, but, I wouldn't buy an amp because of my budget.

Now later on after I have learnt the basics of electric guitar I would buy an amp online, or more specifically, A Roland Microcube. I have heard these are awesome, so would the Squier sound half decent through the microcube after I have learnt the basics?

I've chosen not to buy an amp first, as I see no point, as starting out as a beginner, I would just be making my mistakes louder.

So what do you think of the idea? Will it work out? And will the Squier sound decent?
The squier will sound awfull. waste of money IMO. what is your budget?
"My name is Forrest, Forrest Gump. People call me Forrest Gump"
i wouldnt recomend a squire they are sh*t, go to a pawn shop like cash convertor or something and you'll get a decent guitar on the cheap, shop around dont just waste money on a crap guitar because its easier to get.
i agree on the amp thing but i would recomend one of these http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/shop/flypage/product_id/33412/a/r/e/base
its cheap and does the trick for just sitting in your room when you 1st start playing.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
I suggest you try getting a better but used guitar for the same money over ebay. But I guess since you're starting out a squier will do.
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
"I've chosen not to buy an amp first, as I see no point, as starting out as a beginner, I would just be making my mistakes louder."

You learn by making mistakes though, I can see not getting one due to being on a budget (that's what I had to do hehe) but it's nice to hear your mistakes so you can learn how to avoid making them. I learned bass without an amp, and I realized that the little fret buzz I had was a much bigger problem when I got one. So I had to retrain myself fretting and such. Anyone else agree or am I way off track?

(Sorry if that was a little incoherent but it's 3 AM and only by the power of monster am i awake)

Edit: wait no it's 4 AM lmao
Dont make the same mistake as most of us have had and buy a Squire! Ok you will have a initial saving but if you buy a half decent guitar in the first place it will save a you a lot of problems.

As previously stated go round pawn shops or look on the net and if your in doubt come back here, and ask us if its any good. We would'nt lead you astray

How much is your budget btw?
MASSIVE TEXT
Personally, I would start out on a cheap acoustic. Then you really get the feel for what a guitar is like, and it developes the strength in your fingers better than with an electric. Or, I don't know. I started out on a cheap classical guitar, and my other friend started with his brothers steal-string and it was a pain in the but for him.
"My name is Forrest, Forrest Gump. People call me Forrest Gump"
just get a squier starter pack. guitar, amp, cable, pick.

Its a good first guitar, esp on a budget. Its what i started out on, and i still have the amp.
Been away, am back