Lol, he keeps saying stuff in the comments like how he used the wrong tabs, he only just learnt how to play the song, he used a bad setting on purpose etc. He doesn't want to admit to owning a horrible amp...

EDIT: All the comments are worth reading, there are people who intend to buy both the cabinets, people who can't tell the difference between MGs and JCMs, people who think they are good quality.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200

Official Newbie Of The 'Australia FTW!' Club PM Alter-Bridge Or The_Random_Hero To Join. Australians only.
Last edited by grobbo91 at Aug 10, 2008,
Doesn't sound near as bad as other MG videos.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
There's someone in the comments saying they're going to buy a full stack.
Fender USA Telecaster
Laney VC30-210
Vox Wah
That's it :|
i saw this video before. people were trying to say that the 100 watt version was better... I actually thought it sounded worse.

edit: there are much worse videos - this guy knows how to tweak an amp, at least...
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Last edited by Blompcube at Aug 10, 2008,
HAAHAHA at the comment of someone saying theyre going to sell their Framus Cobra for one.

I bet they dont even own one in the first place.
Quote by injected
HAAHAHA at the comment of someone saying theyre going to sell their Framus Cobra for one.

xD
Quote by injected

and also look at the person wanting to sell his fender super reverb for one!

What a fool!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Omg... I never heard of Framus but I just looked one up on ebay, they want $3500 for a half-stack that was used on display. What the hell? Someone could get a ton of great gear for that much money.
"In peaceful sedation I lay half awake, and all of the panic inside starts to fade. Hopelessly drifting, bathing in
Quote by Dimebag06Darrel
Omg... I never heard of Framus but I just looked one up on ebay, they want $3500 for a half-stack that was used on display. What the hell? Someone could get a ton of great gear for that much money.

Wow, this forum is truly full of dumbasses
Last edited by Horlicks at Aug 10, 2008,
Quote by Horlicks

Too true.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Horlicks

^ this is true.

They don't realize the person who said it was joking.
GEAR:
Schecter C-1 Plus (Emg 81/85)
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Bugera 6262 Head
Marshall 1960A Cab
Bad Monkey OD
ISP Decimator
I saw a local band recently that used, TWO, count them, two Marshall MG halfstacks. Sounded so terrible. Which also reminds me of the time a ~17 year old or so kid that lives around me passed up on my Peavey XXX head with Avatar 2x12 for $700 (I needed money pretty bad) to buy a brand new Line6 Spider half stack for $600+ from MF. He told me he thought it would mesh better with his band because the other guitarist used the same Line 6 amp.
Quote by Ryohazuki
^ this is true.

They don't realize the person who said it was joking.

I got the joke... all I'm saying is that I highly doubt that used half-stack is worth 3500 dollars. Have you played one where you can tell me it is THAT much better than say a really good $2000 tube amp?
"In peaceful sedation I lay half awake, and all of the panic inside starts to fade. Hopelessly drifting, bathing in
There are quite a few half stacks that I reckon could fetch over $3500. Diezel Herbert + cab springs to mind
Quote by alexlemon2
There are quite a few half stacks that I reckon could fetch over $3500. Diezel Herbert + cab springs to mind

That doesn't answer my question. I know there are really expensive half-stacks, but has anyone here tried any and compared it to say a Mesa-Boogie?
Trainwrecks can go for 30000 dollars.
Fender USA Telecaster
Laney VC30-210
Vox Wah
That's it :|
good lord that sounds bad! A shocking rendition of Knocking on Heavens Door solo... Worse than mine played through a squier SP10!
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Quote by Dimebag06Darrel
I got the joke... all I'm saying is that I highly doubt that used half-stack is worth 3500 dollars. Have you played one where you can tell me it is THAT much better than say a really good $2000 tube amp?

is a $2000 tube amp THAT much better than a $1500 tube combo?

is a 1500 amp THAT much better than a 1300

is a 1300 THAT much better than an 1150

is a 1150 that much better than a...

it's all personal opinion and whether you're willing to spend it.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Yeah, point taken. I was elaborating on my previous statement because I was surprised at the cost of that foreign amp and some chose to make asshole remarks because they misunderstood what I meant.
Quote by stujomo
But check out what this guy gets out of the MG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10il4UvXrzg

Sounds pretty good to me.

World music supply is trying to sell the amp. Of course they'll make it sound good with post production and stuff.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by stujomo
But check out what this guy gets out of the MG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10il4UvXrzg

Sounds pretty good to me.

Well for starters, the guy is a pro guitarist so that makes even a bad amp sound decent. Second, nothing he played was geared towards metal. I'm sure it can get decent clean and overdrive sounds. It just sounds terrible when kids try to get a metal tone out of it and crank treble to the max and drop all of the mids.
Thats the whole point its the guitarist thats most important. I wouldn't really call knocking on heavens door metal but it sounded like crap with bad tone. But most of what that pro guitarist played sounded pretty good.
Quote by Dimebag06Darrel
Well for starters, the guy is a pro guitarist so that makes even a bad amp sound decent. Second, nothing he played was geared towards metal. I'm sure it can get decent clean and overdrive sounds. It just sounds terrible when kids try to get a metal tone out of it and crank treble to the max and drop all of the mids.

This is precisely the point. If you play guitar well, you will sound good out of any amp.

The original video is a bad indication, the kid has bad technique and doesn't play well in general and cannot dial in a good sound. He would sound like **** through any amp. The amp is not great by any standards, but he sounds bad because hes a bad guitarist.
OMG, back when I played Runescape I was friends with that guy. He always was telling me how good his MG was and how I should get one.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
You can hear weird sounds in the background while he plays the first solo.
It sounds like a siren. It's from 0:30 to 0:45.
Has anyone ever noticed that many SS amps do that?
Quote by chris0186

OMG that sounds terrible... sounds like my digitech death metal pedal I had years ago. It had gain out the ass and that guy's MG is as trebley as that pedal got if you turned the gain past 12.