hey i just got a home theatre it's JBL and it is 5.1 with 35 watt per speaker and 100 watt subwoofer.....and i have the 1/8 to 1/4 adapter...can i connect my guitar ? will it sound good?
Quote by tarekhaytham
hey i just got a home theatre it's JBL and it is 5.1 with 35 watt per speaker and 100 watt subwoofer.....and i have the 1/8 to 1/4 adapter...can i connect my guitar ? will it sound good?

you cant just plug your guitar in... you need a preamp
Will it sound good? Nope. You mgiht break the speakers actually.

Get an amp instead!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Gabel
Will it sound good? Nope. You mgiht break the speakers actually.

Get an amp instead!

+1

There's a reason they make specific guitar amplfiers.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
That would work. But digital processed amplification aint as good as a good old tube amp. Not even with a 5.1 surround system.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
yesterday i was running a distortion pedal into a stereo amp and it didn't sound that great but it worked though. You could use guitar rig with it and it should work reasonably well, however it wouldn't sound as good as using a proper amp because hifi amps aren't voiced for guitar.

edit: actually that first bit (now removed) was a bad idea
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Last edited by Blompcube at Aug 10, 2008,
Quote by which ones pink
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.

O:

I herd somewhere that was bannable.
I don't even shred
Simply a no-go. In most of the times, it´ll sound like ****. It´s because of the voicing of the speakers.
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
Banned for being the coolest April 08'er on UG.

please check out my own album:
almilano.bandcamp.com
Quote by which ones pink
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.

yeah, thats what i removed from my post...

Actually It's 5.1 surround system, and i don't think it's tube. However, for a 5.1 surround system, it is very good. Don't plug guitar directly into it; Just use it with software amp if it works.

It should work fine with guitar rig, basically. I thought the point of the cabinet simulation in guitar rig was so that it could sound like a guitar amp through more transparent voiced speakers. Works relatively well with my computer speakers anyway.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

Last edited by Blompcube at Aug 10, 2008,
just turn on some music stand in the middle with your guitar and jam, you won't break your speakers that way.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Quote by l3p4rd
just turn on some music stand in the middle with your guitar and jam, you won't break your speakers that way.

I think it should be fine with guitar rig because guitar rig is designed to operate with those kind of speakers.

i actually use a vox headphone amp somtimes through my computer speakers, the bass is a little flabby, but sounds really good. only problem is the only make 3 headphone amps and none are very versatile. ull be limited to 3 kinds of sounds, and thats it.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC