i play mostly metal and i was woundering which jackson i should get. RR5(fixed bridge) RR5FR(trem) i dnt know weather to get a trem or fixed bridge??
Buy what you prefer:

Tremolo: not easy to setup the first time, but guitar will stay in tune forever
Fixed bridge: very easy to setup, but guitar can lose tuning easier
Quote by Poglia
Buy what you prefer:

Tremolo: not easy to setup the first time, but guitar will stay in tune forever
Fixed bridge: very easy to setup, but guitar can lose tuning easier

this

We can't choose for you friend.
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
Ya... a good FR will stay in tune for a long time and provides additional dynamics to your playing via the whammy bar.
"In peaceful sedation I lay half awake, and all of the panic inside starts to fade. Hopelessly drifting, bathing in
Quote by Dimebag06Darrel
Ya... a good FR will stay in tune for a long time and provides additional dynamics to your playing via the whammy bar.

Dynamics generally refer to volumes, and whammy bars don't change volumes. Some friendly advice.

And to the TS; I think it would be safer for you, since you don't know how to deal with an FR, to get the fixed bridge.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
if you want to add more to your playing with the whammy, get the FR. if you're okay witout it, get the fixed. i however would say get the Fr, even if you don't end up using the whammy at all, it'll sty in tune forever
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
Quote by SupremeACL
Dynamics generally refer to volumes, and whammy bars don't change volumes. Some friendly advice.

And to the TS; I think it would be safer for you, since you don't know how to deal with an FR, to get the fixed bridge.

You know what I meant.
"In peaceful sedation I lay half awake, and all of the panic inside starts to fade. Hopelessly drifting, bathing in
Well, you can pay the $100 extra for the RR5FR which is basically a neck-through RR3 and a better trem. Or get the RR5 FR with fancy gold hardware, and spend $75 on locking tuners. Either pay $1275 for a fixed bridge forever in-tune guitar with gold hardware. Or $1300 for a forever in-tune guitar with traditional black hardware and a difficult (yet comfy imo) Floyd Rose.
I've owned both and I have to agree with the rest of the people here, it all comes down to whether you want the trem or not, I did, that's why I have my RR5FR.