basically i play the g minor scale to smoke on the water and no matter what i do it sounds mediocre i', just wonderin if there are any ways to spruce it up a bit?
We're supossed to give him tips rofl...
No to crack him down
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
add some bends, sustaining bends, passing notes like the blue note, string skippings, pinch harmonic, make phrases (not playing a note to every beat there is) etc, using that Gm scale that u have and see what it sounds like.
Quote by RCalisto
lololololol you're the one who can't play smoke on the water lolololol
-.-

hahahaha dude Calisto just owned u!
Quote by angus is god
maybe she passed out in the bathroom. You should have found her then had one of your friends yell "FINISH HER!" like from mortal combat and then jizz on her
thank you camotehead, the only person who actually help and ive been playin for 7 months with no lessons and i can play smoke on the water including the solo but i want to improvise it instead! some people just dont understand how "that thing with six strings" actually works!
Quote by RCalisto
lololololol you're the one who can't play smoke on the water lolololol
-.-

you probably cant play it yourself you lowlife! how log you been playin and have you had lessons? also can you play drums and piano too?
Quote by Conca
you probably cant play it yourself you lowlife! how log you been playin and have you had lessons? also can you play drums and piano too?

At least he knows how to use an apostrophe...
Quote by Gu1tar K1d
At least he knows how to use an apostrophe...

i see you've changed your comment cuz you spelt it wrong!
Wah, I've been playing for 2 years and can't play any solo. Well, some
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
no ive never had lessons for guitar, drums or piano.

also ive only been playin since christmas and the point of this thread is to learn some techniques for soloing as i can play the original solo but its boring doing the same thing over and over so i want to improvise it.
im gonna be nice

learn the pentatonic scale

woohoo 4 nicest words your gonna get in this thread

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.