Alright. My next guitar purchase will likely be a Fernandes as soon as i can get one locally. These are known for their extremely high output and will by my main metal machine.

For now though, i want to upgrade my RG120's stock horrible pickups. I love the guitar to death, it stays in tune, the neck is GREAT, and it's versatile. Only thing I hate is the pickups.

I was going to drop a SD SH8 Invader in the neck and a George Lynch SH12 in the bridge.

I want one of the pickups to be VERY hot and have a piercing bright metal sound, so the invader was what i decided for the neck. Very metallish, I don't use alternate tunings very often. I mainly want this for riffing fast in E tuning.

i WAS going to put the george lynch model(screamin demon) in my bridge, because it's medium output, and not as hot. It can still do metal, but maybe in drop tunings. It might even be able to do some clean stuff.

Now my only problem is that i will have all metal guitars/pickups. I want to be able to play something clean! I want to take the screamin demon out of the bridge and put a pickup in there that can do metal and cleans well. I want it to be in the bridge, because i dont like the shrill treble that comes from using neck pickups. I want a very rounded clean sound, very bassy. Much like a Les Paul.

So what would you recommend me putting in the bridge?
Dimarzio D Sonic. Just my humble opinion.
Guitars:
Ibanez RGR321EX
Schecter Omen 7 (with Dimarzio D-Sonic in bridge and Air Norton in neck)
Effects:
Tokai TFL-1 Flanger
Boss RGE-10 Graphic EQ
Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Amp:
Laney IronHeart IRT60 212
It's ok to mix Dimarzios with SD's right?

and that thing can handle decent cleans as well as distortion?
Quote by injected

I want it to be in the bridge, because i dont like the shrill treble that comes from using neck pickups. I want a very rounded clean sound, very bassy. Much like a Les Paul.

Am I the only one that finds this wrong?

I find that the neck gives a bassier, rounder tone. To me the bridge is shrill and high lol, but to each his own.

Anyway, I suggest a Breed for the bridge. If you change your mind about the neck pup, go for a Breed in the neck and a D-Sonic in the bridge. The Breed is a very fat sounding pickup, should be good for what you want.
dimarzios FTW
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Squirrels are fluffy bits of gay.

Quote by LordPino
My penis is so big it has its own hands.
That's weird.

When I switch to the neck, i find i get alot more treble, while the bridge is "darker", and alot fatter.

Think of the Treble->Rhythm switch on the les paul. the treble switch is for the neck.. o_O

Anyways.. That Breed for the bridge is looking pretty good, i just saw some specs/reviews on it.

How does it compare to the SH-4 JB? I was just looking at that, too!
The treble switch is for the bridge...

And I hear that the JB is pretty bright, but I'm just going on word of mouth on that one..
Quote by injected
That's weird.

When I switch to the neck, i find i get alot more treble, while the bridge is "darker", and alot fatter.

Think of the Treble->Rhythm switch on the les paul. the treble switch is for the neck.. o_O

Anyways.. That Breed for the bridge is looking pretty good, i just saw some specs/reviews on it.

How does it compare to the SH-4 JB? I was just looking at that, too!

Are you sure you don't have your pickup selector switch the wrong way round?

The neck position is bassier and warmer, the neck is brighter and tighter - that's an inherent physical property of the guitar itself regardless of pickups. I've never played a guitar that produced "shrill treble" in the neck position, the only problem I ever have is lack of treble response.

The Invader will be appalling in the neck, it's too loud, too muddy...instincts tell me you should be putting something like a Dimarzio Air Norton or Breed in the neck. Your hotter, brighter sound always comes from the the bridge so you put a high output pickup in the bridge and your pickup for cleans is the neck because neck models are lower output - you can't play typical metal rhythms on the neck because it's not tight enough no matter which pickup you put in there. Something like the aforementioned D-Sonic would be good for the bridge.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com