ok so whats the deal with these. they seem pretty good. but is the low price a sign that it really isnt that good. the last time i bought an amp for the (low price) i was f*cked. so anyone with experience with these amps please let me know wats up.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I, sir, salute you!

Epiphone sg
behringer gmx1200h
MY MINI V BUILD!!!
search bar
but your not going to so

they are pos, equal to the MG's and Spider III's (above the 15w)
Cheap is a pretty good indication of quality. And the MG/spider sales has made an impression on other companies so now others are going to sell the same thing. Cheap, lots of features, high profit. Doesnt have to sound good or last much longer than the warranty period. Most wont buy a second so return sales arent an issue.
They seem to be like the Rogue amps that were out a few years ago, I bought one of those, the R-50 or something like that, as my first amp and it was terrible. It did have a nice reverb tank that made cool sounds when I kicked my amp though. Otherwise it sucked though, it deserved to be kicked.
Quote by Ghold125
search bar
but your not going to so

Id actually put them higher. But still bad
its funny cuz this would actually be an upgrade from my behringer. so anything will sound better than that.

so let me ask this. how much better than a behringer does it sound? i have the gmx1200h
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I, sir, salute you!

Epiphone sg
behringer gmx1200h
MY MINI V BUILD!!!

that wouldn't be an upgrade, you would be taking a side step and accomplish nothing
Quote by Ghold125

that wouldn't be an upgrade, you would be taking a side step and accomplish nothing

agreed..........just keep saving. you'll be much happier in the long run!
ok wats a good head for under three fifty. can be used. and i dont need effects and stuff like that. i was actually lookin at the fifteen or thirty watt blackheart head. dont kno how much sound it will produce but it is tube. or the epiphone valve jr. (i think thats the name). i just need something thats still pretty loud for gigs and band practices.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I, sir, salute you!

Epiphone sg
behringer gmx1200h
MY MINI V BUILD!!!
Just not going to get much of a head unit for that kind of cash. Not that will sound good AND be loud enough for a gig.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Why does it have to be a head? You know you need a cab, right...?

Also, what kind of music do you play?

it says earlier that i already have a head. which implies that i would of already had a cab too. and i only asked about a head.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I, sir, salute you!

Epiphone sg
behringer gmx1200h
MY MINI V BUILD!!!
People around these parts hate it when people buy huge half stacks just because they're half stacks.

... I love Laneys, so look around there. If you're in the UK, they're cheap as chips too.
Quote by NSHSpolevault
it says earlier that i already have a head. which implies that i would of already had a cab too. and i only asked about a head.

No, it says earlier that you have a Behringer. I'm not familiar with behringer model numbers; how would I know it's a head?
BTW, Behringer cabs are crap..

And you didn't answer my other question:
What kind of music do you play?
After seeing Bugera, the whole Cheap=**** thing kinda went out the window for me...but yes....Raven's are crap.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by Ghold125
search bar
but your not going to so

hey i resent that! spiders may not be awesome but sure as heck aren't on the same level as mgs! llol

and yea, i was wondering about those things too. not that i was going to get one....
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
i like my raven and it was my updgrade from my 10 watt to a 60 watt
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
Quote by BGSM
People around these parts hate it when people buy huge half stacks just because they're half stacks.

... I love Laneys, so look around there. If you're in the UK, they're cheap as chips too.

well how much are chips in the uk?
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I, sir, salute you!

Epiphone sg
behringer gmx1200h
MY MINI V BUILD!!!
Quote by forsaknazrael
No, it says earlier that you have a Behringer. I'm not familiar with behringer model numbers; how would I know it's a head?
BTW, Behringer cabs are crap..

And you didn't answer my other question:
What kind of music do you play?

well if i'm upgrading a head then i probably already have another head. but anyway i kno behringers suck thats why i'm lookin for something else. and i play mostly metal but also some softer rock stuff and some death metal. i'm not too worried about onboard effects tho. i just need a basically good clean and distortion. 2 channel.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I, sir, salute you!

Epiphone sg
behringer gmx1200h
MY MINI V BUILD!!!
Quote by NSHSpolevault
well if i'm upgrading a head then i probably already have another head.

You'd be surprised. There are a fair amount of individuals who were looking for a head without knowing they needed a cab.

Quote by NSHSpolevault
but anyway i kno behringers suck thats why i'm lookin for something else.

I'm not knocking on your Behringer head, I'm talking about your presumably Behringer cab.

Quote by NSHSpolevault
and i play mostly metal but also some softer rock stuff and some death metal. i'm not too worried about onboard effects tho. i just need a basically good clean and distortion. 2 channel.

I'd suggest you live with your behringer some more until you have about 500 bucks. Then you can get a decent amp voiced for metal. Anything before that won't be much of an upgrade.
Quote by forsaknazrael
I'm not knocking on your Behringer head, I'm talking about your presumably Behringer cab.

the head is the only thing you should be knocking on. it makes the sound. yeah the cab has its input on the sound too but its the behringer with jensen speakers. the only thing behringer about it is the enclosure. well wat are some of the cheapest amps that sound decent.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I, sir, salute you!

Epiphone sg
behringer gmx1200h
MY MINI V BUILD!!!
Quote by NSHSpolevault
the head is the only thing you should be knocking on. it makes the sound. yeah the cab has its input on the sound too but its the behringer with jensen speakers. the only thing behringer about it is the enclosure. well wat are some of the cheapest amps that sound decent.

You have no idea how much speakers and cab construction make a difference...The cab is likely made of MDF/particle board/something else that's cheap and doesn't resonate well.

And just because they're Jensen speakers doesn't mean they're good speakers.
Every good company makes crappy products.
Marshall has the MG and Mode Four amps...
Celestion has the 70/80 speaker...
etc...etc...

Honestly, if you really hate your Behringer that much, just grab a Roland Cube 60. Loud enough for band usage, capable of metal tones, and capable of softer rock tones.
A Line 6 Flextone II or III would also be a good choice. A bit more, though, I think.
Quote by NSHSpolevault

speakers and cabs can make or break an amp...
you dont want to be running a Splawn Nitro or a 5150 III into a $200 4x12...
I try out a couple of Raven amps in guitar center before and I really like their tone. It sounds good for leads but can also give a good low crunch for rhythm. I'd buy one.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge