Background: So the situation is I already have three guitars set the way I want. A dean Razorback with dimebucker/Super Distortion, a Epiphone les paul with stock pickups, and a MIM Strat with texas specials.

But I have two guitars which I have taken parts out of: A Dean ML and a Ibanez camo RG370. So what pickups would give me an even wider range of tone? I have some EMG85/81 that I was thinking of putting in the Dean ML, so I guess I am looking for something that is heavier than the Texas Specials, but less distorted/warmer than Dimebucker/EMGs.
Dean - Duncan Custom 5 bridge, 59 neck.
Ibanez - pair of Dimarzio Breeds.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
If u wanna nice tonal variety for the ibanez put in a FRED in the bridge and a PAF joe in the neck thats about as much tonal variety as possible, both pickups are alot warmer than a dimebucker or EMG's and have a reasonably high output without scooping the mids. perfect balance
P-Rails? Single coil, humbucker and p-90 in one
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
From what you've described you don't want the Evos and I doubt the Fred is your style either. I presume you mean the Air Norton for the neck, the Norton is primarily a bridge pickup.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
Dean - Duncan Custom 5 bridge, 59 neck.
Ibanez - pair of Dimarzio Breeds.

You really love your SD's don't you? =P. Still, I gotta agree with you, when I tried out some SD's for the first time I was pretty impressed haha. I can't speak for the Dimarzio's, as I've never tried em, but I'll second the Seymour Duncan 5 in the bridge and the 59 in the neck.
Quote by RoamingConflict
In Soviet Russia, GAS deals with you.

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
A reviewer on Amazon.com reviewing an album by the band "HiM", said that HiM is "fag metal".
Can someone explain to me what is this sub genre of fag metal? I have never heard it before.
Quote by hell_monkey
P-Rails? Single coil, humbucker and p-90 in one

There must be a science here =p

=I have a basswood guitar with mahogeny neck, HSH formation
=I also have a Mesa road king with 2x12 cab, this is verry bassy.
=I want a pickup less hot that X2n/EMG/Invader but still have some balls. Don't really care for bass heavy pickups as the mesa makes more than enough low end.
=I want to play music close to SRV, AC/DC, Guns n ROses, so basically 80s with with ability to have texas blues sounds.
^SRV, AC/DC, and GnR are all very different tones. Take out SRV, and the set Custom 5 set will set you right. It can do blues well, also, as I love my blues, and my Custom 5 - but I ain't gonna lie, it doesn't sound like SRV. He used single coils.

Quote by Mlrc
You really love your SD's don't you? =P. Still, I gotta agree with you, when I tried out some SD's for the first time I was pretty impressed haha. I can't speak for the Dimarzio's, as I've never tried em, but I'll second the Seymour Duncan 5 in the bridge and the 59 in the neck.

It's just that the aforementioned combo is one of Duncan's best pickup combos.
Quote by styphon
There must be a science here =p

=I have a basswood guitar with mahogeny neck, HSH formation
=I also have a Mesa road king with 2x12 cab, this is verry bassy.
=I want a pickup less hot that X2n/EMG/Invader but still have some balls. Don't really care for bass heavy pickups as the mesa makes more than enough low end.
=I want to play music close to SRV, AC/DC, Guns n ROses, so basically 80s with with ability to have texas blues sounds.

Custom 5/Pearly Gates then.

Both relatively bright pickups so they give a bit more presence and "cut" to a warm guitar

The Custom 5 is powerful sounding due do a healthy midrange,but it's not got that notched tone that more shred oriented pickups can have. It's perfect for the styles you've mentioned apart from SRV, however if you split it with the middle single it should be close enough.

The PG is Alnico 2 with a soft attach so great for sweet bluesy tones and Slashy leads, again it'll split nicely with the middle single. It's also what Billy Gibbons uses so it has the Texas seal of approval.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
Custom 5/Pearly Gates then.

Both relatively bright pickups so they give a bit more presence and "cut" to a warm guitar

The Custom 5 is powerful sounding due do a healthy midrange,but it's not got that notched tone that more shred oriented pickups can have. It's perfect for the styles you've mentioned apart from SRV, however if you split it with the middle single it should be close enough.

The PG is Alnico 2 with a soft attach so great for sweet bluesy tones and Slashy leads, again it'll split nicely with the middle single. It's also what Billy Gibbons uses so it has the Texas seal of approval.

I am already using the pearly gates with two texas specials on my strat, so I'd prefer to use other pickups on this guitar.
It'll feel and sound completely different in the neck position of a mahogany guitar then in the bridge position of an alder strat.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc