Is there an easy way for me to practice scales? i know the major and minor and the major and minor pentatonic scales but i need to practice using them in different keys so are there any songs that i can do a slow solo over to get better at improvising using the scales?

also are there easy ways of learning scales.

thanks for any help people.
I'm pretty sure there's a thread in this section that offers free bcking tracks for players to improvise over.

And the best song for impovising (For me at least) i Guns N Roses - Knockin' On Heavens Door. You can play over it in G, C or D (Tuned half a step down, like all Guns stuff), and it's great fun when you've heard the song a few times.
There are no 'easy' ways to learn scales. Period. They are just a collection of notes that people have put together over a long period of time. You are going to have to learn the intervals and how they relate to the root sooner or later, but there isn't really a simple way to do it.

As for practicing, I like the 3 note per string patterns, but that's just a personal preference thing. Just find the notes over the entire neck, put them into 3nps patterns, and you will have the whole scale laid out over the entire fretboard.
"It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner." - Frank Zappa

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
American Strat w/ Texas Specials
Ibanez JS1000
Vox Wah (true bypass & LED mod)
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR
Practise the scales in diatonic seconds (hit every note), than diatonic thirds (hit every second note), than diatonic fourths (hit every third note), than diatonic fifths (hit every fourth note) and finally diatonic sixths.
i know about intervals and the fingerings but what i need is the backing tracks.
Ibanez RG350DX
Line 6 Spider III
Cubase SX3
Try www.yourgpp.com . Its free beta download software and it has all the scales you cope with and more. Interesting way to practice them too. Built in tick and presents the shapes to you automatically. Cool!
There IS actually an easy efficient way to practice scales. You don't have to do
much more than rote copy and memorization of written tabs or standard notation.
It will show you how scales can be organized in many different ways which is the
real path to understanding them. Plus it trains your fingers and ear at the same
time.

It's called: SCALE STUDIES. Pickup up a big book of them and start working on them.
I highly recommend "Sheets of Sound" as an excellent book for it.