Right i'm trying to play this song but i am haveing alot of trouble on the timing can anyone give me a hand
If you are one of the %10 of teen who doesn't follow Rap
and you follow PUNK, METAL AND HEAVY ROCK COPY AND PASTE THIS TOO YOUR SIGNATURE
Before you pick up your bass.

Tap the bass rhythm with your hand on a leg/table/younger sibling. Do this while listening to the tune.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Younger sibling, lulz.

Not to rephrase Jonno, but try getting into the song and getting a feeling for it. Nod your head to it. I've found that grooving to the music is the easiest way to get into it. :\

Hope that helps.
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

Use windows media player to your advantage.

Open the song in WMP and hit Control, Shift, and S

This will change the playback speed of the song so that it plays slower, without any loss of pitch (change it back to normal speed with the same shortcut, but replace the S with N). Really good way to get the hang of a difficult rhythm.
I actually learned this song to help out a friend and know the rhythm for this song can be a bit tricky in places for those less experienced.

I find when playing more complex rhythms that using grace notes on empty beats (so you physically keep a more constant beat) helps get the feel of the groove.

You should also listen closely to the drums for cues on where the accents fall. Whenever the drums change beat the bass tends to follow on this song.
I would recommend downloading Guitar Pro 5 and then getting the tab for it off this site and mute all the other instruments to just hear the rhythm of the bass track.
Referring to Victor Wooten
Quote by Nutter_101
"Wa wa wa English is my first language, music is my second blah blah blah wank wank wank I rule, love me suck my dick."

That's all I heard in that entire interview.

My Band:
http://www.myspace.com/closedfortonight
Which part are you having trouble with?
Gear
Peavy Basic 60 bass amp
Fender American Precison W/Quarter pounders
SX SPJ-62
Acoustic B100
SX SJB-75 LTD NA
Huh? u posted this in another place...u are on "bass guitar" you should have posted that in emo, punk, scum, etc..
Quote by detzlink
Huh? u posted this in another place...u are on "bass guitar" you should have posted that in emo, punk, scum, etc..

piss off kid, the grown ups are talking
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by detzlink
*Reported*... Just because you don't like the music doesn't mean you have to insult somone, bump up an old topic, and start pointless arguments.
Referring to Victor Wooten
Quote by Nutter_101
"Wa wa wa English is my first language, music is my second blah blah blah wank wank wank I rule, love me suck my dick."

That's all I heard in that entire interview.

My Band:
http://www.myspace.com/closedfortonight
Quote by skater dan0

That's some funny **** there.

Even though I am not even remotely a fan of Paramore, I find it way more important to help my fellow bass player. What I do is listen to the song multiple times, and then break it down (two things that have already been said) but, I'll play the intro on Windows media and follow along and hit restart until I've got it down and then move on, progressing until the end of the song. It's what I had to do for Co&Ca "The Suffering" and "Willing Well I"
The above advice is great but also pay attention to the relationship between the bass line and the drums. That will really help you feel it.
ummm i think you shouldnt listen to emo paramore... that will solve all of you problems
What doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger

Bass: Ibanez Gsr200
Bass amp: Ibanez sw100 stack

Guitar: squier starter pack

never buy a squier!
Quote by tbirds1013
ummm i think you shouldnt listen to emo paramore... that will solve all of you problems

Learning how to make coherent sentences would help with your problems.

Learn what emo is really like, it's pretty good music.
Quote by tbirds1013

Reported. See previous quote by AmpleSteak
Quote by tbirds1013

They're not Emo ****face. They're a Pop band. Listen to Embrace before you call something Emo ever again.....

You might try headphones you can listen to the bass dominant one and hear what's going on a little better.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
It's funny that you are having trouble with the most simple song out there today.
Quote by Slay 'Em
It's funny that you are having trouble with the most simple song out there today.

....It has kind of a weird feel, can you even play it? Paramore is just slightly deceiving in how simple their stuff is, they're one of the more technical Pop acts but that isn't saying much.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
took me a while to get the hang of the song, but once down the rhythm isn't too hard to memorise. the violin track at the beginning is how i grasped the verse bass line. the chorus doesn't take too long to fall into place after that.
Quote by Slay 'Em

It's not that simple, it's got lots of bitchin' rests in it.

And why are people hating on Paramore? They're a decent band, they do what they do perfectly well and it's not like they pretend to be shred metal.

If you could write songs as good as them, you'd be touring the world too surely.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Quote by tbirds1013

warned. Try being helpful next time. This isn't the pit.
Hmm... I may have to check the tabs on this one to see whats up with it. I like the song, but never really payed attention to the bass in it... I call blasphemy on myself...
SX Ursa 2
G&L Tribute L-2500
Ibanez ATK700 (all but sold)
Ashdown Elec. Blue 180 (need something else...)

-Bass Militia- \m/
Quote by Jonnomainman
It's not that simple, it's got lots of bitchin' rests in it.

And why are people hating on Paramore? They're a decent band, they do what they do perfectly well and it's not like they pretend to be shred metal.

If you could write songs as good as them, you'd be touring the world too surely.

They have the lyrics of a boy band but with power chords.
Good, he's banned. Maybe someone will learn to appreciate music a little.

Now I want to learn this song....
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I don't know why everyone is ripping on Paramore so hard. They are actually pretty decent for a Pop act and the Bass Lines can be a tad tricky. Just keep listening to the song over and over, and try watching other people cover it on Youtube.
Quote by amitbob21
ok im a noob at slapping. Is it my strings or do i just suck at slapping? I have a squier fender J bass(im a noob). Im thinking of getting Ibanez GSR200

Quote by CheekanWofls
Practice on your wife
Quote by skater dan0

+10000000000000000
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Quote by detzlink

I know this homo (detzlink). He used to hang out with a drummer I know who told me that when they played together he asked him if he could pleasure him and he wasn't joking, lmao. homo!!!
Quote by DetzlinkDrinksS
I know this homo (detzlink). He used to hang out with a drummer I know who told me that when they played together he asked him if he could pleasure him and he wasn't joking, lmao. homo!!!

Don't bump!

*reported*

pretentious small text, right justified signature
UG's professional coffee nerd
also UG's musical theatre nerd
roscoe's wetsuit