i recently came across this video. Lindsey Williams talks about his first hand knowledge of Alaskan oil reserves larger than any on earth. And he talks about how the oil companies and U.S. government won't send it through the pipeline for U.S. citizens to use. it's a bit lengthy. i'd appreciate it if you sat down and watched the whole thing. and if you've already seen it, let me know what you think.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3340274697167011147

EDIT:

if you click the link, there will be other little tidbits of the video on the left hand section. but if you want the whole truth, you'd probably want to watch the whole thing. skip to about 40 minutes. you might be a little bit lost but that's when he gets to the bulk of the information
the arsonist had oddly shaped feet...
Last edited by stackedxactor at Aug 10, 2008,
theres no way anything your'e saying is true. Lindsay is a girl's name
Last i heard, they actually not sure how much oil there is
and it would f*ck up a lot of the nature reserves

Tell me why I had to be a powerslave
I dont wanna die, Im a god, why cant I live on?
When the life giver dies, all around is laid to waste.
And in my last hour,
Im a slave to the power of death

Member Of The Jagermeister Fan Club
Quote by shk89

Paul, what a ridiculous name for a cat.....Paul
Quote by shk89

Wow, way to have an intelligent response to a perfectly valid thread topic, with a video that has support to it, you dumb piece of ****.

But sadly, TS, no one in the pit is gonna watch a 75 minute video from an old, boring looking senator (i think?) talking about oil in alaska. Maybe make a highlight type video for youtube where people could get the general idea
"To me it seems pretty straightforward. There are two opinions one can have about freedom of speech, you're for it or against it." - Tom Morello

Shackled Our Minds When You're Bent on the Cross... When Ignorance Reigns, Life is Lost
Quote by Pernicano22
Last i heard, they actually not sure how much oil there is
and it would f*ck up a lot of the nature reserves

than you haven't seen the video. they've known since the late 70's.
Keep your own stash of oil secret whilst using up the rest of the worlds supply.

Then when the rest of the world runs dry, you're left with all the remaining oil.

Now who's in control?

Sounds like America to me.
I don't believe it myself. There are shorter videos on youtube. It's too diverse to write everything he said here.
Oil isn't a sustainable source of energy, when will people realise this??
If all the scientists and politicians busy jerking off over global warming would instead dedicate their time to developing / refining sustainable energy solutions then we would be in a much better position right now.
oil is not a long term answer, well it shouldnt be. dosnt matter how much we think we have. its non-renewable and we're going to run out eventually. we're not using our cause when their supply runs out, we have control of the market. end of story. we dont care about no f-ing up wildlife... please. good cover though.
Quote by RATM forever
But sadly, TS, no one in the pit is gonna watch a 75 minute video from an old, boring looking senator (i think?) talking about oil in alaska. Maybe make a highlight type video for youtube where people could get the general idea

if you click the link, there will be other little tidbits of the video on the left hand section. but if you want the whole truth, you'd probably want to watch the whole thing. skip to about 40 minutes. you might be a little bit lost but that's when he gets to the bulk of the information.
Quote by blair30
Keep your own stash of oil secret whilst using up the rest of the worlds supply.

Then when the rest of the world runs dry, you're left with all the remaining oil.

Now who's in control?

Sounds like America to me.

+1

The US is securing their future interests and economy. When the Oil around the world starts to run low or is harder to dig up, then the US will make a ridiculious profit from selling their Alaskan oil. They'll become Gods in a world starved of oil.
Quote by Moggan13
+1

The US is securing their future interests and economy. When the Oil around the world starts to run low or is harder to dig up, then the US will make a ridiculious profit from selling their Alaskan oil. They'll become Gods in a world starved of oil.

This only strengthens my plans to leave England and head west.
he also mentions why we started the war in iraq started. why saddam invaded kuwait. why the IMF forgave all 3rd world nations their debts. it only costs 5 dollars to bring a barrel of oil out of the ground in saudi arabia. why does it cost so much at the pumps?
Quote by stackedxactor
he also mentions why we started the war in iraq started. why saddam invaded kuwait. why the IMF forgave all 3rd world nations their debts. it only costs 5 dollars to bring a barrel of oil out of the ground in saudi arabia. why does it cost so much at the pumps?

It costs so much because the oil producers can charge that much. At this moment in history, oil producers and oil producing countries have the most power. No oil = pretty much nothing.
Quote by stackedxactor
if you click the link, there will be other little tidbits of the video on the left hand section. but if you want the whole truth, you'd probably want to watch the whole thing. skip to about 40 minutes. you might be a little bit lost but that's when he gets to the bulk of the information.

That might be a good edit to add to your original post
"To me it seems pretty straightforward. There are two opinions one can have about freedom of speech, you're for it or against it." - Tom Morello

Shackled Our Minds When You're Bent on the Cross... When Ignorance Reigns, Life is Lost
Quote by irnbrurules
It costs so much because the oil producers can charge that much. At this moment in history, oil producers and oil producing countries have the most power. No oil = pretty much nothing.

Oil Corporations are taking advantage of the Economic slump and are making a profit. Because they can. Governemnts are also taxing it more as well because they can ge more money from it than if they taxed something esle. I dunno. Oil Politics aint my thing.
Quote by stackedxactor

Because the United States are lieing to us just like the Nazis did to the german people... Is it rele that hard to believe people?
www.Savetoby.com

Help Save Toby By Clicking Link Above!!!!!