I'm planning to buy a new amp but I'm not sure which I should get.

I'm looking for an amp to get a good AC/DCish sound, not be too pricey (I'd say £600's my limit) and not too loud. I don't mind if it's a valve amp either

Thanks
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
orange rocker 30 would be worth a look... so would a vox ac30. maybe even a marshall vintage modern?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
orange rocker 30 but if you dont want to spend taht much peavey classic 30 ftw

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

^ edit: good call. I missed the "not too loud" bit. Assuming that means "home use", that cornford is bound to be worth a look (i haven't tried the harley, but the other cornfords i've tried have been nice), i'd also look into the cornell plexi 7. Again, i haven't tried that exact model, but the romany plus is awesome, and i assume the plexi 7 is really nice too (and more aimed at the ac/dc tones you're after). of course, if "not too loud" means "small gigs", they probably aren't loud enough.

if you want to save some money a laney vc30 would also be worth a look. it's a similar idea to the classic 30, except about £80 cheaper (and i prefer the laney).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Aug 10, 2008,
Laney perhaps?
I think there a few el34 Laney amps at that price.

But the VC15 if you're not gigging, or the VC30 if you are.
You can get an AC/DC tone easily.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Is the Laney VC30 a Valve amp?
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
yeah. will you be gigging? if you're definitely only going to be playing at home, i'd be looking into that cornford and cornell. they're boutique amps, but the low wattage means that they're more or less only suitable for home use.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yes. I have one and I like it. Like Simsimius said, get the VC30 if you plan on gigging and the VC15 if not. They're both valve amps.
Fender USA Telecaster
Laney VC30-210
Vox Wah
That's it :|
I think I might, I jam with a band anyway if that helps
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah. will you be gigging? if you're definitely only going to be playing at home, i'd be looking into that cornford and cornell. they're boutique amps, but the low wattage means that they're more or less only suitable for home use.

a fellow boutique amp fan Nice to see

The Cornell Plexi is great, I tried it out with a Les Paul Studio. Build quality is superb and the tone is brilliant. However, the design os the amp is very vintage. You don't have a 3 band EQ or anything, only a tone controll and volume knob. It's also switcheable between, 0.5 W, 2 W and 7W which is a pretty cool feature.

The Cornford Harlequin has superb build quality too but is more modern sounding on the overdrive. Quite dark and very smooth and rounded. It has treble and bass controls, gain, volume, and a voice switch which basically is either a mid cut or mid boost really.

Both are great amps
Last edited by XtAsY2007 at Aug 10, 2008,
^

^^ if you think you will be gigging, you'd probably be better with an orange rocker or vox ac30 to be honest. if you ask me, the cornford and cornell are superior (at least, based on their amps i have tried), just they aren't really made for gigging.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
+1 to the Orange Rocker 30 or a VC-30. Both will do AC/DC fine. Also, maybe try going used, get an older JCM 800 combo (around the 2203 kind of JCM, before they used diode clipping)? It could pull off AC/DC pretty well (imo, not sure what anybody else thinks).
Definately get the VC30 if you plan to gig.
The VC15 can do band practices/jams nicely, but you may need some more headroom (but maybe not, as VC15 clean channel, if cranked, has a nice crunch).
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO