im planning to do up my Nevada Les Paul, cos it is really battered (pics below, not very good cos i took them on my phone), im thinking off possibly putting in new pickups, but dont know what to put in.

Would These Pickup's be alright: EMG 81
or some Gibson Humbuckers.

And how would i go about getting all the paint off the body and then re-painting it?
and also is it possible to buy a Epiphone/Gibson Neck or something and put that on there?

Pics:
The Guitar

The Bottom Scratches and Holes/Dents

Hole's Pickguard was

Scratches Above strings

Chunk missing from when strap broke in a gig

Headstock (Has a lot of scratches which is impossible to see, you may be able to see a very faded Nevada name)

Thanks!
Quote by Våd Hamster
''I'm gay''

*Awkward silence*

''Actually, I'm just a vegetarian''

*Silence*

Dad- ''Same thing.''
emg 81s are good for metal but ONLY for metal. if you want to play rock, blues grunge whatever take other pickups
I think there are better choices for this guitar than EMG-81s, unless you love the sound they make and gotta have it.
to Blackening:

Yeah i do play a lot of metal, but do play some other genre's which others would suit.

I play loads of mainstream rock, Mcr, Paramore, Elliot Minor, then i play stuff like As I Lay Dying, Atreyu, BMFV, Every Time I Die.
Quote by Våd Hamster
''I'm gay''

*Awkward silence*

*Silence*

Dad- ''Same thing.''
How should i go about taking the paint off and then re-painting the guitar?
Quote by Våd Hamster
''I'm gay''

*Awkward silence*

*Silence*

Dad- ''Same thing.''
Decided im going to sand it down, what should i use (sandpaper thickness/whatever), how long will it take to get it down to the wood, Will it ruin the guitar?
Quote by Våd Hamster
''I'm gay''

*Awkward silence*

*Silence*

Dad- ''Same thing.''
Sanding the finish? As in not repainting it, and just varnishing the wood? That's pretty much the easiest option. If you were going to repaint it, then its a different story. You would need copious amounts of paint and lacquer, fine sanding each layer etc. Its a very hard process making it look like a factory finish.

The whole refinishing process won't technically ruin the playability of the guitar itself - but it would make it nearly impossible to sell on if, you wanted to at a later stage. This goes for more expensive/rare guitars I guess, not so much cheap copies. But seeing as yours is pretty beaten up anyway, you might as well go for it.

One piece of advice, though, is that once you've started, there's no going back. If you do fuck up big time, then you are left with a completely ruined guitar that you cant sell/play. So whatever you do - stick with it right to the end.
I are chav.
Yeah, but he could tape up the binding and use paint stripper. That would work quite nicely.

You would have to sand off obviously to neaten it up a bit, though.
I are chav.
Quote by boo.
Sanding the finish? As in not repainting it, and just varnishing the wood? That's pretty much the easiest option. If you were going to repaint it, then its a different story. You would need copious amounts of paint and lacquer, fine sanding each layer etc. Its a very hard process making it look like a factory finish.

The whole refinishing process won't technically ruin the playability of the guitar itself - but it would make it nearly impossible to sell on if, you wanted to at a later stage. This goes for more expensive/rare guitars I guess, not so much cheap copies. But seeing as yours is pretty beaten up anyway, you might as well go for it.

One piece of advice, though, is that once you've started, there's no going back. If you do fuck up big time, then you are left with a completely ruined guitar that you cant sell/play. So whatever you do - stick with it right to the end.

sand it down the repaint, Idea of a white body with 3-4 light Blueish stripes above the bridge in the corner sort of thing.
I will definately not turn back on the idea once i've started its going to be finished as well as i can.
How long would this possibly take to sand it down, paint, sand, then put more layers on?
Quote by Våd Hamster
''I'm gay''

*Awkward silence*

*Silence*

Dad- ''Same thing.''
UPDATE: Everything is off the guitar, going to start sanding tomorrow, going to be at it a good 5 hours hopefully, at that pace how long would it approx. take to get down to the wood?
Quote by Våd Hamster
''I'm gay''

*Awkward silence*

*Silence*

Dad- ''Same thing.''
Quote by -MintSauce-
I can't see anything wrong with it.. don't change anything.

tis a bit late for that.
EDIT: Also im getting me An Aria Flying V in about 10 Days, so i thought id have a go at customizing.
Quote by Våd Hamster
''I'm gay''

*Awkward silence*

*Silence*

Dad- ''Same thing.''
everybody who is worried about him ruining his guitar needs to calm down a bit. people refin guitars all the time and theres a very good chance it'll turn out great as long as you take your time and know what you're doing.

here's some tutorials from project guitar

stripping a body by sanding

painting tips n tricks

and you don't have to worry about ruining the binding by sanding, it'll be fine... keep us updated!
Quote by rednwhiteblues
everybody who is worried about him ruining his guitar needs to calm down a bit. people refin guitars all the time and theres a very good chance it'll turn out great as long as you take your time and know what you're doing.

here's some tutorials from project guitar

stripping a body by sanding

painting tips n tricks

and you don't have to worry about ruining the binding by sanding, it'll be fine... keep us updated!

Thanks
ill have a look at them tutorials, ill definately be giving updates, and im really inspired seeing some other customizations in the gallery.

Hoping mine will be just as good
Quote by Våd Hamster
''I'm gay''

*Awkward silence*

*Silence*

Dad- ''Same thing.''