Hey guys,
I am preparing to build my 4th guitar and I am looking for some body design ideas. What I definatly know about the guitar is that it will be all mahogany which I will probaly stain red mahogany. I am going to put in 2 handmade humbuckers (I have done this before and they sound great). What I am hoping you can help me with is the body design.
It had to be a unique design. I was thinking of some kind of cross between a Billy-Bo Jupiter, Eastwood Airline, and Gibson Moderne (maybe not the moderne). I just can't seem to come up with anything. I'd love to just build the Jupiter, but I want something more one-of-a-kind. So if you have any Ideas for the body, or any other part of the guitar, please let me kow.
Thanks.
warlock

it's genius

no seriously that's pretty cool i wish i could do that
Gear:
Jackson SL-3 Soloist w/ licensed Floyd Rose
Peavey VK 100 Head
Earcandy Boa 2X12 Cab w/ 70 watt Speakers
Fender Frontman 15 Watt Practice Amp

I'M SELLING A HOHNER HR1000 GUITAR. PM ME FOR INFO.
Thats has to be the uglyest guitar i've ever seen, no offence.
Quote by MoogleRancha

You sir, are a genius.

I salute you.

Quote by iwontwait
The bestowing of this thread on my life is yours. Thank you, Benjabenja.
I finally built this guitar and I am resurrecting this thread to show off the results.
I decided to put 2 p-90s and a hand wound tele bridge pickup with a tele bridge (I havent installed the tele pickup yet). The plan is to put a bigsby on it at some point.
The body and neck are mahogany, the fretboard is rosewood, the accents on the body and headstock are walnut, and the inlay is maple mahogany and walnut.

This was the first semi complicated inlay I have used, so its not perfect but Im happy with it.

thats about as custom as you can get. nice work.
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
wow that looks amazing! The inlay work is sexy (pun intended)
Quote by Dr. House
Nice vibe you just put out there. Its like daddy just hit mommy at the dinner table and we all still want to eat.
n00dz of the inlay girl?

haha that's an awesome guitar, I'd love to play that, the shape looks awkwardly comfy, and I'm sure after adjusting it'd be a really sweet guitar. I haven't seen many of your builds on here, but I can say that I'm Looking forward to more

congrats, man.
------

Shwiggity.
use a different piece of a different guitar for each corner. tele top right, strat bottom right, explorer top left, and something else
make a caved top SG (so you might want to make the body a bit thicker), put a maple top on and put binding on it so it will b kinda like a les paul but in the shape of an SG

you could also carve something into it to make it more individual
Did you read the thread?

Edit: Jesus christ your the same kid. Stop bumping old ass threads.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
lol i was thinking the same thing
Quote by Dr. House
Nice vibe you just put out there. Its like daddy just hit mommy at the dinner table and we all still want to eat.