ok so heres where i am.
i have an Epiphone les paul custom but am looking to upgrade to a faster guitar with a tremolo bar. my price range is around £300 (600 US dollars) to £500 (1000 US dollars ish).
so far i have looked at some Ibanez, Jackson and ESP guitars.
i play hard rock/classic/metal/ kinds of music.
A7X/Guns n roses/AC,DC/Metallica/Muse/ that kind of music...
i like this type of body shape.. http://www.ibanez.co.jp/world/country/frame_uk.html
it needs...

24 FRETS
tremolo bar
to stay in tune (kinda obvious)
look good
preferably black or red and quite simple color
and above all to sound great.

thanks for the help/ recommendations
(assuming some nice person helps me out)
BLUE
RED
YELLOW
you should check out the ltd mh-400 or the mh-1000.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
id maybe have a look at schecters!

the majority of them have 24 frets and most of their C1 series come with a trem option (good trems too, a few of the models have OFRs)

black and red are probably the most popular colours for them too
Top lel.
Quote by the memory
id maybe have a look at schecters!

the majority of them have 24 frets and most of their C1 series come with a trem option (good trems too, a few of the models have OFRs)

black and red are probably the most popular colours for them too

all ive heard about schecters are negative...
but i will look
BLUE
RED
YELLOW
Your giving links to the main website page, not a particular guitar.
Schecter guitars are all good btw. I wouldn't bother purchasing a cheaper one personally (I did once and I sent it back), they are not very good but thats only because I'm kinda picky. The more expensive - they're still in your price range - ones are much better and well worth looking at.
All you've heard about Schecters are wrong then, and are probably Gibson fanbois.

I have a low end Schecter (Omen-6 to be exact) and even it's AMAZING. A great improvement from my Squier. I've played the C-1+ and it was spectacular as well. 24 frets, great pickups, tuners stay in tune. Omen-6 doesn't have tremolo option, but I think the C-1+ does.
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

I have not actually tried that guitar out personally but I know people that have used it and I never noticed any bad opinions concerning it. I would not go for that guitar for myself for the simple reason that someone else has already made it a signature (Synster Gates) and I am not that keen on the looks, but thats just a personal issue.
The guitar in itself has no real problems, it is of the utmost quality in that price bracket. If you were going for a Schecter, though, I would go for something from the C Series, they are excellent guitars, ecspecially for the price.

Sorry if I seemed weird, I have drank a lot of whiskey tonight.
schecters are awesome and in general are very good guitars for the money.
Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Elite
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143
Quote by mikey son
id go for the c-1 hellraiser judging by the bands you like or a blackjack

given that he likes guns n roses and ac/dc i'd suggest the blackjack because passive pickups are, imo, better for them
Top lel.
Quote by Snap017
All you've heard about Schecters are wrong then, and are probably Gibson fanbois.

Watch it, I'm a Gibson man, yet I agree with pretty much everyone else on this thread... Schecters are pretty much win. Very well made, and the higher end ones look amazing (wood/paint etc.).

I had a hard time deciding between my SG and Schecter's Hollywood Classic
Lefty Black Gibson SG Special with EMG 60/85
15w Laney Hard Core Max
SG Commando

Quote by donkey the wise
I think plod just won the thread. All 1,019 pages of it. Won.