I searched unsuccessfully through the forums for a while, so now my only hope is that someone out there has some experience with the Laney TT50 (or midi controllers in general):

Anyway, I recently purchased a used Laney TT50 combo, and unfortunately it didn't come with the factory footswitch. Looking around online, I've found that you can't purchase this footswitch anywhere (except from sites encouraging you to purchase the amp while informing you that you will be getting this item--costing ~300USD--for free with the amp purchase). I really just want a standard footswitch for the amps 3 channels, reverb, and boost function (although I would really settle for just channel switching if some other footswitch would work), but I'm not extremely familiar with the compatibility of the amp with other footswitches. If anyone knows of a substitute footswitch that I could purchase, I would greatly appreciate the advice.

If there is no economical solution for me to purchase a useable analog footswitch, however, I'm willing to look into midi controllers (which the amp apparently supports). I don't really know anything about midi controllers, but I was told this was a good midi controller (at one of the lowest prices I found) that would work with the Laney TT50: http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHFCB1010. Can anyone comment on this controller or explain how it would work with my amp?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Made the link clickable.
Fender Standard Stratocaster
BC Rich Mockingbird Supreme (USA Custom Shop)
BC Rich NJ Neck-Thru Series Mockingbird
Epiphone Elite Les Paul Standard

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube
have you tried contacting laney?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ +1. best solution would be contact Laney, get them to sell you a footswitch by itself.
Quote by Dave_Mc
have you tried contacting laney?

Yeah, this may end up being my best option. I actually shot them an e-mail right before making this thread, but I thought I'd throw this out there to see if someone knew of a cheap/quick fix.
Fender Standard Stratocaster
BC Rich Mockingbird Supreme (USA Custom Shop)
BC Rich NJ Neck-Thru Series Mockingbird
Epiphone Elite Les Paul Standard

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube
laney does seem to sell some footswitches, just not the one you're after (probably because it comes with the amp, so there's not much of a market for them). i'd wait to see if laney answer you, with any luck they might offer to send or sell you one.

there are no sockets in the back to plug in "standard" footswitches, are there? some amps let you do that, so you don't have to go searching for the exact footswitch if yours breaks... not sure if the laney is like that or not.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?