Just got back from a week long vacation and i noticed the first thing to go for me was my metal "gallops" can't play any iced earth, or battery/disposable heroes type stuff cleanly as well as a week ago. I got it back after an hour though. Could play the lead stuff i know fine though. And i strangely got better at the finger picking stuff i was working on?!?

so whats the first thing to go for you?
i actually play better when i dont practice. if i play 3 days in a row my play really ****ty on the 3rd day and up, but if i dont play for about 2-4 days and i come back, its like an orgy for my fingers
my picking hand forgets how to make the tiny movements needed for shredding and my fretting fingers get tired quickly. so i guess it's everything!
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
I'd have to say it would be my ability to pull off clean tapped fifths on the top of an arpeggio. Either that or my tremolo picking.
i've been gone a week too and for me its general confidence and co-ordination that goes for me, should get it back soon though with some lengthy practises ^_^
Quote by venom0014
i actually play better when i dont practice. if i play 3 days in a row my play really ****ty on the 3rd day and up, but if i dont play for about 2-4 days and i come back, its like an orgy for my fingers

This is how it is for me too, unless i stop playing for too long (say 5 days or more) and if i let it go that far it's usually harder for me to do gallops.
nothing really, i actually find that resting was what i needed.
and sometimes i come with good ideas for licks.
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
The ability to play more complicated chords. That said, I love coming back to the guitar after a break, because I get a fresh approach to the instrument through losing some coordination.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Quote by venom0014

+1 same with me bro.
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
Quote by venom0014

+1

Same here, I have no idea why, but I can play SO much better when I take frequent breaks.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

The fact that i forget how to play half the songs i know...
Though doesn't take me too long to learn em back again...

Except for Vicarious by Tool. I had nailed that intro... then i didn't play for a long time.. i forgot how to play that n now i can't play it anymore!!
The cleanless, I usually play pretty clean but when I don't practice for 2 or 3 days I get really sloppy and hit other strings with my left or right hand that I'm not supposed to, on the other hand I do tend to get more creative when I haven't played in a while.
We are "PSYCHONAUT", Psychedelic/Stoner/Sludge from Belgium.

Check out our recordings and shows here:

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook