ive noticed that when my playing my guitars through my 5150 that i get feedback when im playing. for example if im palm muting, the other strings that arent being palm muted are ringing or screeching. will the isp decimator help me fix this problem?
equipment:
Esp EC-1000
ibanez rg550
Peavey 5150 combo
Boss ML-2 Metal core pedal
DB-01 crybaby from hell

Quote by dubstar92
Tell the friend that due to an amp explosion you are now temporarily deaf and will judge her friend solely on looks.
No, you need to check if your pickups are fine. If they are cheapass pups, replace them. If you should be deicent, waxpot them, or make sure they arent microphonic. Try lowering them by turning the middle screws on the pickuprings.

But befor doing that, make sure your gain is NOT set over 4 (no kind of music ever need more distortion than that, except if you deliberatly wanna sound awful) and that turn your pickups away from the speakers.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Maybe yes, but you have to mute all the strings that you are not playing. For example, on a C power chord:

--X--
--X--
--5--
--5--
--3--
--X--

If you do it well there will be no noises at all.
No, because what you're talking about isn't really feedback. If it was feedback, you would hear it even when you're not playing at all. If it's happening when you're playing, then the problem is the way you are muting (or not muting) the other strings.
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
^ & ^^: I think he knows that. No ultimate beginner would have gear like he does.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
it is feedback. i hear it when im not playing too
equipment:
Esp EC-1000
ibanez rg550
Peavey 5150 combo
Boss ML-2 Metal core pedal
DB-01 crybaby from hell

Quote by dubstar92
Tell the friend that due to an amp explosion you are now temporarily deaf and will judge her friend solely on looks.
Try what i said in this order, and check step by step if it helps:
- Turn away from the speakers
- lower the gain till max 4
- lower the pickups
- waxpot or replace them
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
because an EC-1000 is going to have cheapass pups

i suggest getting a Boss SFA-1

STAND FURTHER AWAY

/asshole

sry, its either that or turn the volume down. might be a microphonic tube in there too

you could try different things, amp volume, different guitars, possibly swapping the positions of the valves but im no expert there
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.