so i finally sold my flextone yesterday and have some spare cash to get something with...

im thinking of the isp decimator, since a noise gate is basically a necessity for any 5150 owner.

does this seem like a smart buy? hopefully when i crank my amp, it'll sound better with this pedal in front of it...

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Yes

/thread
Amps
Mesa Dual Recto 3 Ch
Peavey 6505 Combo

Cab
ENGL E212VH Cab

Guitars
Epi Explorer
Schecter Damien 6
Squier Strat (signed by Rob Zombie!)

Pedals
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensenble
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
ISP Decimator+Tube Screamer, both in the effects loop, and you should be set for aural sex

Yeah, that was a sound pun...
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Maybe it was my amp. But the ISP won't work as designed in the effects loop. The threshold acted like a volume knob.
Amps
Mesa Dual Recto 3 Ch
Peavey 6505 Combo

Cab
ENGL E212VH Cab

Guitars
Epi Explorer
Schecter Damien 6

Pedals
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
Quote by StillSoundRG
Maybe it was my amp. But the ISP won't work as designed in the effects loop. The threshold acted like a volume knob.

ISP Decimator G String solves that problem, it's the (relatively) new pedal by ISP
^ yeah, if you're buying now, i'd seriously consider the g-string. when i got mine, the g-string wasn't available.

^^^ don't put a tubescreamer in the fx loop... o_O
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah I always thought only reverb/chorus/delay type stuff go in the effects loop. And distortion (if you actually use them) pedals and OD in front of the amp, along with the wah, of course.

I'm tempted to get a G string but I'm not sure if I need it yet, as the original works for right now. But I'm not going to need to put it in the effects loop anyhow, yet.
Amps
Mesa Dual Recto 3 Ch
Peavey 6505 Combo

Cab
ENGL E212VH Cab

Guitars
Epi Explorer
Schecter Damien 6

Pedals
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
yeah, i have an original too and i'm too cheap to buy a g-string (not to mention, it'd be cheaper to just buy a second original decimator).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
so itll go guitar-->decimator-->amp?

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Quote by jcp42877
so itll go guitar-->decimator-->amp?

Correct...

Decimators can go in the loop but to me and alot of others they dont sound right there also they dont act accordingly in the loop.. So usually you always want to put it infront of your amp and at the end of the pedal chain.
^

you can obviously try it both places. i tried it both, and put it in front.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?