hi, i'm having a hard time to improve my fast picking on the E string, like galloping.
Ive been practicing songs like battery, damage inc, four horsemen and raining blood, but i cant see any improvment at all after 4-5 months with these songs.

It just seems impossible for me to get it down, i can play all of those songs semi good if i play on the A string, but when i move up to the E i screw up really bad.
Been practicing slow to get the technique down and a metronome to build up the speed, but no improvment.

I try to practice alot and structure it up, and i see alot of improvment in my overall playing but i still make no improvment at all when it comes to this.
For exampel i can play the metallica - one solo pretty good but i cant play the darkness riff ....

Any advice ?

sorry for bad english
If you can do it on one string but not another it is definitely a technique problem, could you post a video so we can compare the two? Like of you playing on the A and of you trying to play on the E?

That would be the best thing you could do; otherwise I'm not sure how we could help.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.