i have a normal phase 90, does anyone know how to mod it to script standards?
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
there is always the r28 mod which is supposed to help, but it doesnt make it sound exactly like the script version. to make it completly like the script version you would need new chips and lots of changes, at which point it would be easier and cheaper to buy a clone or even the dunlop custom shop script version.
Quote by MesaBoogieF30
Keep in mind that this isn't a chat room , here is an explanation to do the mod:

click here

ah sweet man sorry i was getting anxious
i think i'm going to experiment, check the sound standard, than try the r28 mod, see how it is than move on to the other ones if i think it needs changing
how do you pull chip out? tweasers? something like that?
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
so i've removed the back but i can't get the board thing out?
any help?
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
did you loosen all the pots and jacks yet? because they're holding the board in.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by UnsignedRecords
did you loosen all the pots and jacks yet? because they're holding the board in.

i just discovered that
the knob is easy, what about the switch?
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
same thing...
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Quote by UnsignedRecords
same thing...

i mean do you remove the whole thing?
with what?
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
it's just held in by a nut, just like the pots and jacks. loosen the nut, take it off, and the enclosure will come away from the switch, which is soldered to the board.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Quote by UnsignedRecords
it's just held in by a nut, just like the pots and jacks. loosen the nut, take it off, and the enclosure will come away from the switch, which is soldered to the board.

alright i've done that, but its still not coming apart
(the board, and the entire enclosure)
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Did you loosen the jacks? Also, be very very very...very careful with the PCB, and esp. the underside, it's delicate.
BTW, I own a newer scriptphase reissue and love it to bits. Maybe you should check out that one as well so you'll have both. Or just buy the EVH version with the script button.

Grtz.
Quote by MesaBoogieF30
Did you loosen the jacks? Also, be very very very...very careful with the PCB, and esp. the underside, it's delicate.
BTW, I own a newer scriptphase reissue and love it to bits. Maybe you should check out that one as well so you'll have both. Or just buy the EVH version with the script button.

Grtz.

loosen the jacks?
here's what i have up to this point

i loosen all the stuff and took it off btw if you can't tell
so what do i do now?
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Ok, the jacks = the thingies where you plug your guitar into. The plugs under "input" and "output"
PCB = printed circuit board, the greenish plate where all the components are fixed unto.

Do you know how to solder????????????
Quote by MesaBoogieF30
Ok, the jacks = the thingies where you plug your guitar into. The plugs under "input" and "output"
PCB = printed circuit board, the greenish plate where all the components are fixed unto.

Do you know how to solder????????????

oh okay so remove those?
i don't know how to...nor do i have any equipment for it..
edit: i just got the chip out by loosening the jacks, now how do you remove the r28?
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Last edited by acdclandon at Aug 11, 2008,
Quote by jof1029
wire cutters? sharp scisors? a nail file? your teeth? chain saw?

any of those would work, but the first is the best option...

so you just cut it and remove the whole thing?
thats it?
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
do you know what to do with this mod? i don't really, but i'm assuming some soldering would have to be done. i could be wrong, but i think there's some wires that have to be soldered in r28's place.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

the wire part is only if you want to add a switch. i believe all the R28 mod requires is removing the resistor.

but yeah de-soldering it is how you should remove it
I've read somewhere that you just need to remove one of the R28's legs. But to be sure that you can make it undone, I'd really consider learning how to solder and get the equipment. It's your safest option. It's a pretty expensive pedal and you f*** it up, you'll have thrown money out of the window.

Grtz.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Ibanez: I am verah good guitah prayah!
*mach 5 speed*
Quote by corbn89
the wire part is only if you want to add a switch. i believe all the R28 mod requires is removing the resistor.

but yeah de-soldering it is how you should remove it

yeah, if it's supposed to be removed, it should really be desoldered and not just yanked out with force.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Quote by UnsignedRecords
do you know what to do with this mod? i don't really, but i'm assuming some soldering would have to be done. i could be wrong, but i think there's some wires that have to be soldered in r28's place.
You could just cut it out, but I would de-solder it in case, for any reason, you decide you like the original sound better, you can just solder it back in place.

For those who are wondering what this mod is, just remove the resistor labeled R28...Clicky.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
ohh okay. i'd also rather desolder it than just get rid of it any other way i can.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

well i removed the r28 as well as the c11 and c12, and it sounds better, and i didn't desolder them, i just cut them, because there's no use going back
thanks for your guys' help
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE